Movie/TV properties that have been ignored for merchandising

For me it would be Babylon 5 and animated Aeon Flux

When it comes to B5, I guess you don't know of the action figures, comic books, multimedia packs, Micro Machines, books and model kits that came out at the time. I myself recently picked up the action figure of Bester from a flea market.

For recently, Defiance could have used more. I mean, a comic series or a novel series that covers some of the background of the show's universe, or a guide with a whole lot more about the Votan races than what was up on the website, heck even action figures would have been nice.

Last edited:
I would love to have seen merchandise for The Last Starfighter... Model kits of the Gunstar, StarCar, and Ko-Dan Armada ships, replica weapons and communocrystals, replica uniforms, the whole kit n kaboodle.

The live action He-Man movie, I think they were planning one but at this point the company making the toys was in such trouble with money.

They did launch some of the figures,(Blade, Saurod, Karg, etc), but they were done in an almost cartoony way, even compared to the rest of the He-Man line. And yes, you were correct, it was done near the end of the line. They did relaunch new figures with a new cartoon series after the movie came out, but it didn't last as it was too late and interest was gone. Hell, it was too late when they made the movie, and if you've seen the making of(it's on YouTube), what a disaster that was and it almost didn't get finished. Even when I was 9 and saw Ghostbusters 2 in the theater, I thought the reference to He-Man at the beginning was weird and seemingly out of place.

I just wish someone would produce some merchandise for StarWars......

Oh wait.....

Although some collectables from.... wait for it.... Robot Jox would have been cool. A set of battle bots would look nice in action.

Or Battle beyond the Stars... as the space cowboy would say.

I think SyFy has disavowed actual scifi for some reason. I think the CGI still looks decent, but yeah it's dated. My nephew, who is 11, said "What year is this from?" when he saw the pilot. :lol

Syfy only does their own shows, they don't show old sci-fi shows anymore. And B5 really can't be reshown for the same reason it has never been released on Bluray. The effects would all have to be reshot, they cannot be converted to high def. It is unlikely that we'll ever see B5 on television ever again for that reason.

I watched it not too long ago and it's not that bad. And yeah Syfy's strategy seems to be to keep throwing crap against a wall to see what sticks.

Except for some figures I saw once in a comic book store there never was much in the way of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis merchandise. I would love a Puddle Jumper Craft and Staff Weapon.

Except for some figures I saw once in a comic book store there never was much in the way of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis merchandise. I would love a Puddle Jumper Craft and Staff Weapon.

There was also the action figures and vehicles for the movie that both shows are based on that came out in the 1990s when the movie came out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back