Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Menpo mask

TheSonarSuit

DAY 1

I decided to build scorpions costume from Mortal Kombat legacy last year for an event last november. I preferred the look of the season 2 costume but the Menpo worn by Scorpion in season 2 is a completely different mask than the one used in the first season, the mask used in the first season was a metal Menpo created by This Company, I took a few screen caps form Scorpions episodes and used them as the basis for my blueprints I created in Illustrator.
Mask%u00252Bblueprints.png

IMG_4303.JPG
These were scaled to fit my face and then printed as separate interlocking pieces which were cut out of 2mm sintra.
IMG_4309.JPG
Everything was slotted together to give me a 3D guide for the main face shapes. The negative spaces were then filled with Bondo and sanded back to the guides.

DAY2

IMG_4333.JPG

I prefer using sintra for this process as it is easier to sand flush with filler than denser materials such as MDF.

IMG_4341.JPG

The mouth was cut out at this stage and the top lip was blended back to the face plate.

IMG_4354.JPG

The next area to block in was the nose, this was done using the sintra framework method like the rest of the mask.

IMG_4365.JPG

To block out the shape of the nostrils I used masking tape to sketch out the size of the nostril both height and width. I then covered the masking tape with release agent and blocked out the shape with filler.

IMG_4367.JPG

IMG_4370.JPG

IMG_4385.JPG

The teeth were made using strips of sintra with the lines being engraved with diamond files. The rest of the cheek area was also blocked in.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back