Limited Run Danny's Star Lord Screen accurate SHORT JACKET

Re: Star Lord Screen accurate SHORT JACKET

Thanks, I received the jacket today. I rolled the dice, started weathering it. I ran it through a gentle wash cycle, sprayed it down with some brown Rit dye, then put it in the dryer "air dry only". Pulled it out when it was damp and bleached the back. I think it turned out great.

View attachment 469294View attachment 469293

Great results? Could you give a little more information about the techniques you used? Did you also spray on the bleach or how exactly did you proceed with that? Step by step if you don't mind. It would be very helpful since I haven't done a lot of soft costume parts.

Received this yesterday. Was hoping to get it before the comic con the past weekend, but the quality is so amazing I can't wait to wear it this upcoming week for free comic day and Avengers screening. I ordered Large and it fits perfect for someone 5'10 170. Great work again Danny.

Everything "star lord" is weathered and aged. Which is great because that makes it very forgiving to aging techniques. I've done " wash and wear" jackets in the past, so I give it a shot with this one. One word of warning, the leather sleeves will want to shrink on you with this process.

I ran it through the wash for two reasons, one to wash off any oils etc. from the factory, two to get everything wet and ready for die/bleach. After the spin cycle I hung it over my tub so I could spray it down with brown RIT dye liquid, diluted with 50% water. I used reference photos as a guesstimate as to where it should be darker and appled die liberally to those areas, everything else got a gentle spray which for the most part washed out. After I was satisfied with the dye job I threw the jacket in the dryer, low heat for a few minutes then air dry only. When the jacket was mostly dry, only slightly damp, I hung it back over the tub for the bleaching process. If you've ever painted with watercolors you know that watercolors like to bleed into areas that you don't want them to go. Had I been more patient I would've dried the jacket completely then rewetted with a spray bottle the areas I wanted to bleach. I tried 50% dilution of bleach at first but it didn't work, so I moved onto 100% bleach. I saturated the bottom of the jacket and worked my way up with the spray bottle misting farther away and gentler as I moved up. Because the jacket was wet the bleach droplets bled into the fabric rather than making spots. After the bleaching process I threw it back in the dryer. Since then I've re-washed the jacket and stretched the sleeves back out by wearing it while it dried. This also creased the leather at my inner elbow giving it a nice aged look. I've also taken some brown shoe polish to the bottom edges of the sleeves to add additional aging.

Photo Apr 29-2.jpegPhoto Apr 29.jpeg

cheers!, I hope this helps.
Jarvis

Last edited:

Can you please post a few different angle shots of this on a hanger in neutral lighting, please? I'd love to see how this came out :D

Everything "star lord" is weathered and aged. Which is great because that makes it very forgiving to aging techniques. I've done " wash and wear" jackets in the past, so I give it a shot with this one. One word of warning, the leather sleeves will want to shrink on you with this process.

I ran it through the wash for two reasons, one to wash off any oils etc. from the factory, two to get everything wet and ready for die/bleach. After the spin cycle I hung it over my tub so I could spray it down with brown RIT dye liquid, diluted with 50% water. I used reference photos as a guesstimate as to where it should be darker and appled die liberally to those areas, everything else got a gentle spray which for the most part washed out. After I was satisfied with the dye job I threw the jacket in the dryer, low heat for a few minutes then air dry only. When the jacket was mostly dry, only slightly damp, I hung it back over the tub for the bleaching process. If you've ever painted with watercolors you know that watercolors like to bleed into areas that you don't want them to go. Had I been more patient I would've dried the jacket completely then rewetted with a spray bottle the areas I wanted to bleach. I tried 50% dilution of bleach at first but it didn't work, so I moved onto 100% bleach. I saturated the bottom of the jacket and worked my way up with the spray bottle misting farther away and gentler as I moved up. Because the jacket was wet the bleach droplets bled into the fabric rather than making spots. After the bleaching process I threw it back in the dryer. Since then I've re-washed the jacket and stretched the sleeves back out by wearing it while it dried. This also creased the leather at my inner elbow giving it a nice aged look. I've also taken some brown shoe polish to the bottom edges of the sleeves to add additional aging.

cheers!, I hope this helps.
Jarvis

Love the jacket Danny. Fit is great. The only downside is the red is rubbing off on my car seat. Would washing it fix this problem? I hope I didn't stain my car seat on accident...

I can't wait to weather it but it's still so brand new...I almost can't bear to do it!

It's like taking a $600 Wested and rubbing it all over with alcohol to give it that distressed look.................

Love the jacket Danny. Fit is great. The only downside is the red is rubbing off on my car seat. Would washing it fix this problem? I hope I didn't stain my car seat on accident...

I can't wait to weather it but it's still so brand new...I almost can't bear to do it!
Sent you a pm!
Danny,
Any update on the second run?

Thanks
Already closed and started! Should be shipping the first ones towards the end of May ;)

Hi Danny will be ordering my screen accurate zipper from Staar Lord Mann soon. Would you have the zipper length measurements for the jacket size small. Thanks

Everyone check your pockets in the jacket! It had a spare piece that's meant for the left zipper flap. It goes behind the zipper.

Ahhh, THANK you. The zipper I have been ordering from my vendor is 62cm Will this be okay?
Also, Please note: There's a new post on my Zipper Thread, everyone.
Also, dannylopuz Thanks again for partnering up, you rock, man.
So in the spirit of good business practices, I've just made my 10% discount offer to your customers retroactive!

See the post, here. (is this okay? Posting that link here? ;) )

It's 63 cm ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure that the 63 cm is correct. I had the 62cm zipper and it was to long and I had a large jacket from Danny

It's 63 cm ;)

A couple pages back Kevin Gossett said that his zipper would need to be trimmed down 2" and that he measured a total zipper length of 23" on his medium sized jacket. That is about 58.5cm on a size medium. Seems like there is conflicting information regarding the length. I think that 63cm is also 1 cm longer than the standard zipper length being provided for the Screen Accurate zipper in the other RPF thread.

Can anyone that has a size small jacket verify the zipper length?

It seems that it's 63 cm tops for regular sizes. Since Staar Lord Maan's zipper is 62 cm you should be set ;)

To quote Professor Farnsworth;

PF.png
"Ohhh, FUFF on your disbelieve in science! It's all pure weapons grade balonium!"
and...
"Good neeEEEEeews, everyone! I've created a machine that will make you read this in my voice!
...now SHUT UP and START TALKING!

...If you know the exact measurement of your particular zipper, (small, medium or Hermes), you can tell Staar Lord Maan how long you want your zipper(s) to be so that incomprehensible-boggle-brained-idiot can send your criterion directly into my newest doooooomsday teletype machine to get the zipper you nincompoops have requested!

Oh a lighter note, you're all fired, now GET BACK TO WORK!"

A couple pages back Kevin Gossett said that his zipper would need to be trimmed down 2" and that he measured a total zipper length of 23" on his medium sized jacket. That is about 58.5cm on a size medium. Seems like there is conflicting information regarding the length. I think that 63cm is also 1 cm longer than the standard zipper length being provided for the Screen Accurate zipper in the other RPF thread.

Can anyone that has a size small jacket verify the zipper length?

It seems that it's 63 cm tops for regular sizes. Since Staar Lord Maan's zipper is 62 cm you should be set ;)

PF.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Danny,

I was wondering how long will you keep the run up and running for? If you have a specific date, otherwise, I'll be waiting for the gloves run for next month or so on. :lol

Cheers!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back