Limited Run Danny's Star Lord Screen accurate SHORT JACKET

Re: Star Lord Screen accurate SHORT JACKET

First off, this jacket is lightyears ahead of anything else available at the moment. Well done, Danny! The construction is great, and the overall fit is nice. When I first put it on it definitely felt a little snug, and short. I am 5'10" and 190lbs, and my measurements put me right between a small and a medium, but closer to the medium. I opted to go with the bigger size, and I probably could have gone up to the large. However, the more I wear it the more comfortable I feel in it, so it very well could just need to be broken in.

Jacket laid out with the included patch and valve, along side my patch and TheRocketeer's valve

20150414_093308_zps3byyrozc.jpg

The screen printing looks great, though it could be lighter in color (or clear as some have pointed out the real jacket was)

20150414_093335_zpsdk5tyvce.jpg

Arm details. Because the patch is smaller, the embossed base is smaller as well. If you're using your own patch it will end up covering up some of the detail. The elastic straps are also 3/4" and should 1"

20150414_093351_zps5xntlik6.jpg

Nice detail on the back

20150414_093439_zpswmicbdi8.jpg

Here's a better look at the size difference in the patches and valves. My patch is about 1" taller and 1/2" wider

20150414_093542_zps8cawbw5b.jpg

Finally, here it is on me

20150414_094345_zpsxdbvmovy.jpg

20150414_094445_zpsrq1jgyzi.jpg

If I had the zipper installed, I would still be able to zip it up no problem. Just needs that little bit of extra breathing room. The length also isn't bad, but it couldn't hurt to be slightly longer. The zipper I will have installed (seen above) will need to be shortened by about 2"

Overall, I'm very pleased with the jacket. I've already reached out to Danny about some of the nitpicks I mentioned here to help improve the future runs. Those of you waiting (im)patiently should be very happy once you get yours!

Thanks for the detailed review Kevin! ;)

Can I ask, what's the length of the zipper seam on the jacket? Just want to double check the zipper I have is long enough lol

Thanks for the great review, Kevin! I am 6'1 and 205 pounds... with a 44 inch chest and 36 inch waist, so I am hoping the large I ordered will be good. In the movie, his jacket fits him pretty well, so I think I should be good, especially after seeing how yours fits you. It looks awesome on you and fits you well in my opinion. If you do not mind, could you share your actual chest size, so I can get a better idea? I am hoping to get a more fitted look, so I went with the large. I took the measurements off of my Captain America Bucky rescue jacket, so it should be spot on.

It's a great looking jacket that I can't wait to own. Thanks Kevin for your review and pictures as I was torn on what size to order but now I know.

Last edited:

Overall, I'm very pleased with the jacket. I've already reached out to Danny about some of the nitpicks I mentioned here to help improve the future runs. Those of you waiting (im)patiently should be very happy once you get yours!

PM sent to you Danny about adding me to the list...

Added!

Kevin, thank you so much for your detailed review, your nice words and your citicism, I really can't wait to go through your pm, which is a nice sewgay to my other subject, I know some of you have sent me pm's about your tracking number and a couple of other things, I've been working like crazy this past couple of days so if I haven't got back to you I am so sorry, I will. Don't worry about your jackets tho, they're all shipped and on their way to you right now, and if you give me a few days I'll answer your questions as detailed as I can in your pm's. Questions are always welcome and I'm very happy to answer messages, I've just been swamped. Thank you all for your interest, I really love talking to you guys and I can't wait to go through your messages.

To those who shipped UPS, you can get a free UPS my choice account which will automatically notify when something is shipped to your address!

starlordquill, thanks I didn't know that. I will have to create that some I can have someone home to recieve the package

Last edited by a moderator:

@starlordquill, thanks I didn't know that. I will have to create that some I can have someone home to recieve the package
You can also specify where they leave package (front, back, side door, etc...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back