New McFly jean jacket replica!

joelgoodson

Sr Member
Hi,

I just saw this online for $200.00... Is it me or does it seems to be a close match? I mean I know there's no Movie stars lining, but the colors look really close.

$_57.jpg

Last edited:
Im on my android, google autotranslates the pages in my browser, heres the description paragraph:
Marty in the movie "Back-to-the-Future" (Michael · J · Fox) is a replica of the denim jacket wore.
Rather than the plane of the pattern as normal G Jean, and production in a pattern of "blouson" faithful 3D to the original, it has been faithfully reproduced to the extent of Paisley's lining and stone wash processing.
The size of the life-size figures (height about 165cm) wearing above and we produce S, in Japan size ( detailed tailoring size ). 100% cotton

This replica is the one I bought about a year ago! It’s pretty close, but some one the parts were not accurate. For example, the paisley liner pattern could be smaller. The pockets don’t have a side way which the guess jacket have. (the original pocket is even separated inside) The biggest thing for me is that he used grey stitches instead of yellow stitches normally denim products use. However, overall tonality looks great and it was affordable price!

Also, he mentioned me when I order it that he changed the denim fabric from the prototype which is the Marty doll is wearing on the web. The new fabric which I guess the photo joelgoodson uploaded above looks much nicer. The real thing is even nicer color.

Last edited:
I emailed the site about restocks, they said they're in production and ready in a month, i only asked about the vest though. Real fast reply too, they repied within about 2 hours

My parents emailed them directly as this was a gift from them and got them to send a paypal invoice. I will have it within a week. I have some real Guess pockets I thought of attaching. They're not the same color as this jacket as the real jacket is lighter, so it's still just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is!
This is XS size, but still a little too big for me.

View attachment 439512

Even with an extra small? How small are you? Lol no offense. I have a small ordered and the seller warned me before hand that a Japanese small is really small. But looking at the measurements they were really similar to my real Guess jacket. Not the exact one, but similar. Could you take more close up pictures?

Last edited:
The biggest thing for me is that he used grey stitches instead of yellow stitches normally denim products use.

It's really moe of a dark gold or honey mustard color. I'm actually going to'get a fine tip gold pen and go over all the stitches. It will take forever, but I'm a stickler for things I can fix.

Even with an extra small? How small are you? Lol no offense. I have a small ordered and the seller warned me before hand that a Japanese small is really small. But looking at the measurements they were really similar to my real Guess jacket. Not the exact one, but similar. Could you take more close up pictures?

I’m 5.4 foot tall with skinny shape. My XS size perfectly fits to the class-5 M. I said still too big above is because of the jacket shape is based on 80’s fashion. And sleeves are too long if I don’t roll-up like Marty. However, these are all my personal feelings. I just wanted to wear this without rolling-up. I think XS is just fitting well for a guy around 5.4 foot tall, and if you are taller than me, S should be fine. I can’t believe they made it as a Japanese size. XS never be that big in Japan, so I think S size is fine for American people who is usually wearing M in daily. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m 5.4 foot tall with skinny shape. My XS size perfectly fits to the class-5 M. I said still too big above is because of the jacket shape is based on 80’s fashion. And sleeves are too long if I don’t roll-up like Marty. However, these are all my personal feelings. I just wanted to wear this without rolling-up. I think XS is just fitting well for a guy around 5.4 foot tall, and if you are taller than me, S should be fine. I can’t believe they made it as a Japanese size. XS never be that big in Japan, so I think S size is fine for American people who is usually wearing M in daily. Hope this helps.

I'm 5'5. And I don't mind the baggy look. That's actually what I'm going for. And I'm going to roll the sleeves because that's how it is in the movie. You can see Marty's jacket even though it's a small it's still baggy on him. You could always get your tailored to fit you better.
vlcsnap-11426.png

I might actually get the arms shortened because in the movie they shouldn't wrinkle up so much. You can see that they should be pretty smooth. Measuring one of my Guess jacket arms that fits me pretty well everything is almost the same except the arms. I need to have this replica's arms shortened by 2 inches.
latest?cb=20120920233810.jpg

This dummy is said to be wearing a small. Everything looks good to me except for the arms.
djacketm.jpg

vlcsnap-11426.png

latest?cb=20120920233810.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my jacket. It's pretty nice. If you notice that the pockets are lighter thats because I temporarily snapped some real Guess pockets onto it. They're not sewn on just attached to the buttons.
11082647_10204213174157600_4882464519105778269_n.jpg

1012950_10204213174437607_8646241699927382383_n.jpg

Dang that looks good! I like the dark blue, the grey can be lighter like those pockets, it would make the contrast more popping and eye catching

Dang that looks good! I like the dark blue, the grey can be lighter like those pockets, it would make the contrast more popping and eye catching

I agree. Inspecting the fabric though, I don't think the jacket would survive stonewashing. It's not as tough as the denim used on Guess jackets.

There's dye products to fade color, Rit Dye has color remover and stonewash dye to give the same look as real stonewash might be a good lead to get a lighter tone

Do you have a link to the stonewash dye? I can't seem to find it. And keep in mine that the fabric on my jacket is actually grey. Not just dark blue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back