Spider-Man: Homecoming

Well, in the original comics, Peter hated high school, thats where he was mocked, didnt have any luck with girls, no friends really. He loved the science and schooling of it, but not the rest. I think they might not be able to have the same tone, considering how the times are with bullies, and social media etc. I dont want it to be a high school movie. Being older, high school was just a little blip on the radar, and while I enjoyed it, its not that big a deal. Feige said that the whole trilogy is going to take place in high school. I dont want that at all. I want spider man, not spider boy.

Well, thats what I thought you meant by schooling, Stark kind of negated Petes intelligence.

I stopped in the 90's so he isnt there either :lol

It's not the fact of the high school setting. It's the fact that this actually looks more like high school than other iterations. And that's novel. As much as I love the Raime/McGuire films, that Parker never seemed very invested in his education - it's as if it's not a very important part of his life - as if they had to pay lip service to the setting. This one actually feels like it's taking the high school setting to heart.

What also makes it good is that, since Holland is such a convincing teen, he is actually is more pitiful as a kid without a father figure. McGuire and Garfield Spideys were adult characters - I never felt otherwise. Holland is going to be the most likeable and most relatable Spidey for a good number of fans IMO. At least that's how it's feeling to me.

And I pray the "fat Asian kid" isn't only there for comic relief. That would kill a lot of it for me.

It helps a lot that the actor this time is closer to HS age than not. McGuire was what? 30 or more? same with garfield? You couldn't look at either and think they remotely passed as high school. Additionally, seems the other 'students' are in the appropriate age range as well.

Is his current suit his first prototype to 'introduce' him to the public and then it evolves into a compromise between comic and live-action,or will he permanently wear the 'steampunk' machinery from the trailer?

Last edited:
Is his current suit his first prototype to 'introduce' him to the public and then it evolves into a compromise between comic and live-action,or will he permanently wear the 'steampunk' machinery from the trailer?
I saw a 'scale male' version that I found closer to the comic,yet a worthy successor to the tights:

View attachment 690398

If I'm not mistaken isn't that his costume from the movie Birdman?

Well, in the original comics, Peter hated high school, thats where he was mocked, didnt have any luck with girls, no friends really. He loved the science and schooling of it, but not the rest. I think they might not be able to have the same tone, considering how the times are with bullies, and social media etc. I dont want it to be a high school movie. Being older, high school was just a little blip on the radar, and while I enjoyed it, its not that big a deal. Feige said that the whole trilogy is going to take place in high school. I dont want that at all.
I'm probably even older than you and, while HS was certainly a "blip", I can imagine it would have played out much differently had I posessed superpowers. I, for one, DO want it to all take place in high school. Then, after the high school trilogy, as Holland gets older, so will Parker. Maybe a college trilogy will follow. Eventually we can get to the adult Spidey. I don't mind the slow ride getting there.

Re: New Spider-Man Movie in MCU (July 28, 2017)

This is HUGE. I agree, I hope he is going to be in Civil War.
I was under the impression Garfield didn't want to do anything beyond a third movie. Hopefully they will offer him a shot at this.
Definitely agree Disney and Fox need to work something out to get X-men or at a minimum Wolverine into the MCU.
Ideally, a deal that would bring us World War Hulk would be a dream come true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logan is Jackman's last wolverine movie

I saw a 'scale male' version that I found closer to the comic,yet a worthy successor to the tights:

View attachment 690398

That costume is going to eventually evolve into a scale female costume.

I'm seriously burned out on Marvel movies (haven't even bothered to Redbox Dr. Strange yet), but this one is a must-see. Keaton alone would get my butt in the seat.

I'm seriously burned out on Marvel movies (haven't even bothered to Redbox Dr. Strange yet), but this one is a must-see. Keaton alone would get my butt in the seat.

i agree... i've pretty much been spent on the Cap and Iron Man, but SPIDEY!! always up for SpiderMan. Dr.Strange was awesome! i'd love to have seen it in 3D. definitely worth a watch, the action was good and effects incredible. some humor here and there, give it a watch!

If you have not seen Dr. Strange yet, do so! Especially if you are burned out on Marvel movies, it is a nice change of pace without a lot of ties to the movies prior. It can stand on its own.

...also cool. At 1:23 you can see that Iron Man is most definitely getting the "Ultimate" comics style paint job on the Mark 46. I saw all the toys had the same paint but I had not seen screen shots of the new paint on a movie still yet. Nice nod to the comics universe that is referenced so heavily in the movies thus far.

Aside from showing a bit too many plot points, I think this trailer was awesome, definitely did its job into wanting me to see the movie. Its so funny how DC puts out their Justice League trailer, and its awful, and Marvel counters with Spider-Man and its wonderful.
cayman shen how can you be burned out on marvel movies, especially since you havent seen Dr. Strange? Are you just not a fan in general? Its such an awesome time to be a Marvel fan!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back