Spider-Man: Homecoming

Re: New Spider-Man Movie in MCU (July 28, 2017)

I could never see Tobey reprising his role. I think once Disney includes Spidey in their films, a younger lad will be the way they go. I do prefer Tobey over Andrew though, for what it's worth.

They should get the guy who plays The Flash in the TV series. I can see him playing the role well.

personally (and i know this wont happen) in Civil War they need to have Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man being an older spidey like in the comics. he unmasks himself etc. and in the reboot have Dylan O'Brian as peter (still in high school) and at the beginning of the reboot movie it will have a caption saying something like "(some number) years before the events of Captain America Civil war took place..."

#Dylan4spidey
4385169-1+aaa.jpg

How about Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson)?
Or Justin Chatwin? A little older but still has a very young looking face.

Last edited by a moderator:

I still wish they'd keep A.G. and incorporate the two ASM films into the MCU, with the second one ending around the end of Iron Man. Have the events in New York be what Nick's referring to about Tony not being the only one...

Less and less likely, but dammit I prefer that approach.

--Jonah

The Spectacular Spider-Man

The new film has been announced.

Here is a pic of the new logo along with the actor who is playing him. His name is Nick and he's just 20.

13168_806157019462559_4613605561828600044_n.jpg10987439_806157036129224_4012206984441559844_n.jpg

13168_806157019462559_4613605561828600044_n.jpg

10987439_806157036129224_4012206984441559844_n.jpg

Yea I did a search for this "announcement" and came up with nothing...not one link. Not one major movie news site has reported this, but this guy knows? The first clue that this is fake is the fact that this actor apparently doesn't have a last name.

Nick Robinson, the only movie news on him is about Jurassic World. I google news searched Spider Man and the only casting news was a fan-casting from MoviePilot.com, and that link was dead lol

Kevin Feige speaking all the right words which has got me excited about Spider-Man again

Spider-Man Kevin Feige Confirms Peter Parker; Talks High School

"In terms of the age of an actor we’ll eventually to cast, I don’t know. In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right."

"We want to play with Spider-Man in the high school years because frankly there’ve been five Spider-Man films and the amazing thing about it is, even though there’ve been five Spider-Man films, there are so many things from the comics that haven’t been done yet. Not just characters or villains or supporting characters, but sides to his character. The most obvious being the ‘young, doesn’t quite fit in’ kid before his powers, and then the fella that puts on a mask and swings around and fights bad guys and doesn’t shut up, which is something we want to play with and we’re excited about."

"I think it was midway through the first film that he graduated high school. At the beginning of the second Marc Webb film, he graduated high school. And some of my favorite Spider-Man arcs and Spider-Man stories, he’s in high school for a lot of it. We want to explore that. That also makes him very, very different from any of our other characters in the MCU, which is something else we want to explore: how unique he is when now put against all these other characters."

Exclusive: Marvel's Spider-Man Reboot is NOT an Origin Story
Read the full interview in the above page.

"In Spider-Man’s very specific case, where there have been two retellings of that origin in the last whatever it’s been – [thirteen] years – for us we are going to take it for granted that people know that, and the specifics"

"There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don’t know it yet,"

Here is little info on the new costume.

"Well, yeah, I mean look, I was more involved in the Raimi ones, and think they did a very good job. But that being said, we’ve already designed the costume, which is different than any of the ones that have come before. And yet ours is classic Spidey, as I think you’ll see."

I wonder if they are going to eliminate the raised webbing like in the comics.

IMO the only actor on that list that looks like he could be Peter would be Asa, but he's SO young.

Personally I don't see any of them as PP, although I do like Liam James as an actor.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back