Spider-Man: Homecoming

So watching that teaser....is this suppose to take place before or after the big Civil War showdown? Or did Stark take back his suit? Seems confusing...
I'm guessing the suit gets wrecked in a Vulture confrontation, and he has to go back to his old one— which is why Stark makes him a new suit. That sort of thing does happen.

Looks like a load of fun and a great mashup of superhero and high school!

Favorite moment from the trailer: when Peter's friend drops and shatters a fully built Lego Death Star when he sees him on the roof :lol

Liked the Avengers bank robbers, liked the high school setting and music... Tony Stark taking up the majority of the trailer.. not so much.

I liked it and good to see Vulture on screen for the first time. Looking forward to see how more of the high school stuff pans out.

Peter being treated like a kid will be one of themes of the film and Tony is the catalyst for it. Also for those who skipped Civil War it helps in establishing the fact that's it's a Marvel Cinematic Universe film.

Flying monster guy helmet. Neeeeeeeeeeed.

Everything looks cool! A bit more Tony than I was expecting, but super pumped for Vulture. Just Keaton in general actually.. Can't wait to see the film!

Looks like Zendaya isn't playing MJ.

Don't care for the casting of Flash Thompson. Not sure how Zero from Grand Budapest Hotel can be the bully of Peter Parker... or anyone for that matter. He looks like the little jerk from Ender's Game. I prefer the typical all American jock looking guy as Flash.

I'm pretty stoked about Shocker being in a movie. I always liked that character. Looking forward to see how the costume and gauntlets.

Don't care for the casting of Flash Thompson. Not sure how Zero from Grand Budapest Hotel can be the bully of Peter Parker... or anyone for that matter. He looks like the little jerk from Ender's Game. I prefer the typical all American jock looking guy as Flash.
Was he even in the trailer?

Both trailers are impressive. The first one feels fun and quirky , the international more like the traditional Marvel structure. Its kind of strange prophetic to see Keaton ,who did "Birdman" now doing the Vulture, and I prefer the tech upgrade to the comic version.It made me laugh to see the lego Death Star dropped too.

Looks like Zendaya isn't playing MJ.

I'm pretty stoked about Shocker being in a movie. I always liked that character. Looking forward to see how the costume and gauntlets.

My daughter has/had a problem with a classmate,the girl is devious & has made quite a few of the class upset including boys.....the Teacher didn't see it until recently....the girl in question is the smallest,...skinniest,....with thick glasses

Bullies come in all sizes

J

For those that might've missed it, there are - um, cameos (?) by Howard Stark and Bruce Banner at 1:11 and 1:16.

...oh, and Lando Calrissian at 1:53.

never really was a fan of spiderman, and even i'm getting tired of all these spiderman reboots.

ashamed also amy pascal's name is even attached to this.

and hate the idea of a black mary jane. would have been more fun to make a new character. maybe a rival for mary jane who has the hots for peter but to afraid to admit it.

That said, I'll still probably go see this one just because it's more part of marvel proper this time around.

Well lucky for you the black girl isn't MJ...if you watched the trailer it looked extremely obvious she couldn't be MJ unless they were just taking a massive liberty with how MJ is styled. She looked extremely plain. My daughter was excited to see Zendaya so that should be a good draw from the Disney channel viewers.

At this point if you're not a Spider-Man fan it may be time to be one. That trailer action and spidey banter was on point. Vultures mask looked simple yet cool.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back