The TANK from TANK GIRL

TZY

Hi Guys,
Got a few projects going and im getting some info together for the next one . Ive always liked the Tank from "Tank Girl" . I scoured the internet and got all the pics of it I could find ,,ive ripped every image cap of it from the Blu ray and ive contacted the Art director and hes going to get back with me as soon as he is back in country.I know what type of tank was used and some of the parts of the conversion.
That said .....you can never have enough information. If anyone has shots of it from behind the scenes or while it was being converted or can identify parts that were used it will help a lot. Or if anyone knows people who worked on it hat might have info. I intend to have it designed in 3D for printing then casting and will run about 20 or so.Depending on response.If it works out I might have a shot at Jets Jet. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Thankx ... T

tanky_03.jpgvlcsnap-2015-01-17-17h28m36s23.pngvlcsnap-2015-01-17-17h23m20s221.pngvlcsnap-2015-01-17-17h18m33s170.png.motg_1.jpgmotg_16.jpgJet Drives Tank.JPGMV5BMjIwOTY0MDYxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUzMTM3NA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpgvlcsnap-2015-01-17-17h39m43s73.pngvlcsnap-2015-01-17-17h45m00s160.png

Attachments

• 57f.jpg
    57f.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,724
  • vlcsnap-2015-01-17-17h34m03s7.png
    vlcsnap-2015-01-17-17h34m03s7.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,431
i have the making of tank girl book by frank wynne published by titan books in 1995.there is 5 pages on the making of the tank and a few other shots through out the book.also a couple of nice pix of the filming model of jet girls jet.
its a quite a good book actually,about 95 pages.
may be see if there is one on ebay?
also i think it was briefly featured on that show hollywood treasures in the second series.they were at a stuntmans junkyard.he collects and sells screen used cars and it was in the background but he mentioned he had it and they briefly showed it if my memory serves me correct

Hay,
Thankx...I picked up one on amazon for a few bucks . good source.has a lot of the generic shots.Thankx for the info on the Hollywood treasures.I will look for it .
T

Hay,
Thanks for the pics ...already have them...and yes it was a M5A1... Im downloading the Hollywood Treasure ep as we speak. George sack has the Tank and ive got an e-mail headed his way. If any of you out there can identify some of the hubcaps , Machine guns, car ends in the back ect in the pics that would help.
T

Got some parts im trying to identify..hubcaps and badges...and yes "I do need these stinking badges" They are # so please quote # when rplying.
Thankx T
Hubs 1-9.jpg

Ok, Got all the hubcaps identified ....I posted in an auto parts forum and hit the jackpot with on guy who really knows his cars. So I just need the badges and what ever that , what looks like a mini gun, but isn't on the top of the tank. It dose shoot flames out the end when fired so its not just a static prop ..I also got the name of the ammo feeder for it..its a flexi feeder. The thing with the gun is that it has hoses that connect to what looks like a gas regulator so it might be a hollywood creation to simulate a mini gun. Just got to keep looking.

Its getting there, Has anyone ever seen these logos.They are stickers.The orange one belongs to a surf club.

stickers.jpg

Hi guys,
Ok...some update pics . My mesh guy has finished all the parts to mod the tank kit and they are scaled to the 1/35th scale kit.
Hope to have the parts reviewed and set up to print in June ..Got to get ready fro Wonderfest first. More soon.
.hubcaps_2.jpghubcaps_1.jpgimg-3.jpgimg-1.jpgimg-2.jpg

c5848b69d1e3ea603ab18f551eb49a7e-da3z6dv.jpg
This is a render of the file my 3D guy put together .Ive been running the parts on on my printer ...some will be cast and others will have to be printed for each kit. Working to get it scaled to the existing 1/35th M5A1 is a bugger ...the parts are real small . Ive been dragging my feet a bit ..im hoping to have it in production before the end of the year.Ive got most of the big parts run and am working on ways to cast the smaller ones. I will post more pics soon.

Ok... Quick update ...its been ages I know. Hoping to have build up finished to show at WF. Wont have kit available until after the show . Want to get a feel on if its worth producing in a large number . It might be a limited run of just 20. Scale is 1/35th...It got a ways to go yet..Not all the parts are seen here but are made. Still need decals to be made for it ... Managed to get about 90% of them from the art director for the movie.
Enjoy
T1.jpgT2.jpgT3.jpg

Its so nice to finally see an accurate representation of the tank!! I made one a few years ago from some very fuzzy photos, out of posterboard and matchsticks!! Thought you might wanna see :) its quite nice to see how close i got it with next to no reference!! Still not a patch on that beauty though, well done!

IMG-20171105-WA0001[1].jpgIMG-20171105-WA0007[1].jpgIMG-20171105-WA0009[1].jpgIMG-20171105-WA0006[1].jpgIMG-20171105-WA0013[1].jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back