Avengers 2 HULKBUSTER, or how to throw out your back in 3 easy steps

11822862_856967007690185_1138878500560822163_n.jpg

Ok, I now have rebuilt the Rt arm to match the Lf. Also taped off the left leg, now about to start plastic dipping. Do not mind the mess, I don't.

OK, here is a cleaner view of the arm, just for you George- with a bit more detailing done. Most of today was spent rebuilding the right arms forearm, before it keep in scrapping against the bicep when I closed the elbow. I hope to remount the arms tomorrow.

11870909_1002930856393850_6976380202655945561_n.jpg

Nice work,BBR :thumbsup looking forward to the assembly !
And sorry about my earlier comment...I didn't mean to upset or offend

OK, here is a cleaner view of the arm, just for you George- with a bit more detailing done. Most of today was spent rebuilding the right arms forearm, before it keep in scrapping against the bicep when I closed the elbow. I hope to remount the arms tomorrow.

View attachment 513701
Looks awesome :)
I love how the finger joints are turning out, how heavy are your arms turning out?
The your method for the elbow is really nice, it doesn't compress to tightly on your arm when you straighten it out does it?

And are those rotating wrists? <Jealous>

Dude I've seen your giant suits at cons before and never realized they were all the same guy! A+ work over the years man, really excited to see you building this!

George, I definitely did not take offense. My shop was a mess. Just had three people work on it for 5 hours, and now it's ..not bad. OK, so here is a view of the range of motion on an elbow. Looks like it covers about 140* of motion. The forearm caves in to allow a greater range of motion. Shadeling , it was originally a rotating wrist on one arm, and a pivoting wrist on the other. I have the pivot motion down, but the rotation is currently not good. Also, best guess on an arm is 11 pounds- I have a method for solving arm motion and movement, an already proven concept. Though this skeleton offers some huge improvements. Joewookie, yes those are" Durastilt 4 ", my favorite model. about $300 a pair, and well worth it. Brutuswayne, thank you, ya, I get that all the time. " Love your robot, but you gotta see this OTHER guy"..it's me. There are just not enough of us Giant Robot Guys, but things are looking up. I can now expect to see a couple of "Big" friends at almost every con. Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Here is also a close up of some hand detailing.

11873745_1004135456273390_4625209080303901144_n.jpg 11870758_859141837472702_8482330569320752031_n.jpg

wow is really all i can say. i was impressed from the begining of this build and it isn't letting me down. you are a true craftsman and an inspiration, i will be impatiently waiting to see how this monster turns out.
A+ work sir..

Hi again guys, Some of this progress is not as visible as I would like yet. Today we plastised the arms, meaning we coated it in a resin that turns it to plastic. This will have the effect of making all that wonderful detail work far more durable. The shoulder bells were completed and are about to be mounted and the head got a few more hours. I can't wait to pull this all together.

shoulder.jpg plastic.jpghead3.jpg

Yes, they are all hand made. Here is my first test fitting. I feel it was a complete success. I was able to get in and out without to much fuss. It appeared to be lighter than my last build. The new shoulder arrangement worked perfectly. I have not put the elbows under full load to release strain, so they did not work well here, but I have already tested them. I was able to do a 180* torso twist, a full arm extension or to drop the arms completely by my side. My apprentice was able to play handler and hand up the torso to me, she is only 110 ponds so that's a good sign.

Photo Sep 02, 2 25 07 PM.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back