HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

how much would shipping be to california from new york?

Without doing too much price shopping, a flat rate small box would cost $6 and comes with insurance and tracking... Not sure if it would be much cheaper any other way.
I will modify my interest thread with just battery pack information shortly.

has anyone who has used the lenticular is it thin enough to just cut out the decal on the board and only place lenticular on the areas it should be or would it need to be done full stipped board all lenticular then decals placed? also does anyone know how long the rolls from sommers come? it just says 24"wide not the length

has anyone who has used the lenticular is it thin enough to just cut out the decal on the board and only place lenticular on the areas it should be or would it need to be done full stipped board all lenticular then decals placed?
Id think it has to be stripped... Vynil is not that thick...

He did say you can just cut it out and put lenticular... But idk...

Id think it has to be stripped... Vynil is not that thick...

He did say you can just cut it out and put lenticular... But idk...
if i only have to buy 1 roll ill just peel off the declas set them on wax paper cut the vectors and use that over the lenticular

Yeah could work..

If you can peel em off successfully off the board..

New ones would work better..
they'll come off easy with a heat gun just takes time I used to do vinyl on cars for a friends shop all day laying carbon fiber vinyl on cars lol I have so much patience now I could do 100 boards before I got tired

they'll come off easy with a heat gun just takes time I used to do vinyl on cars for a friends shop all day laying carbon fiber vinyl on cars lol I have so much patience now I could do 100 boards before I got tired
Haha, i dont have that patience haha..

Id probably stretch it haha

Haha, i dont have that patience haha..

Id probably stretch it haha
Heat gun on low slowly peel up the decals and slide wax paper big enough to go the whole way of the edge then pull using the wax paper slowly applying the decal onto the paper it won't stretch once it's on the paper dot change directions and it shouldn't stretch one direction slow and steady long pulls shouldn't be too much of a task

@Roland what size are the decals for the mattel hoverboard? the hc board is 28x8x1 so im guessing i wouldnt need 28 inches of lenticular more like 26/27 by 8? the lenticular comes 10 bucks a rol 24inches by 36 inches thats enough for front and back right? id even have some left for the trip on the sides i think

ok pricing on lenticular is 24" by 36" which is a yard so im just going to say that from now on. so it goes for 10 bucks a yard and at 24 inches wide you get enough for a top/bottom/trim and still enough for another top or bottom if you mess up now there cheapest shipping (to me at least) is 14 bucks so for me if i want to make my board have lenticular itll only cost 24 bucks so thats the rout ill be taking like i said before ill just be re-using the vectors off the decals once i take them off carefully and cut them out to be layed ontop of the lenticular

at 50 bucks its cheaper to do lenticular

That's if I even consider doing that, I still think I'm gonna make one real simple for a convention board.

Roland's logo, a fuzzy strap, and then see how battery-replacements come along.

I want to do some research into what exactly goes into a lenticular build as well.

MrSouthpaw seeing how many people ask me about my sock type toe box on my hc mags and what paint i used on my midsoles and how i tinted my soles blue and did my outrigger mod im going to take initiative and film and photograph every step i make when modding the hc board with lenticular lol this is what i plan on doing -

1.carefully peel and save decals off board.
2.cut decals to only show vectors no fake lenticular pattern
3.cut lenticular to shape of board and glue in place only placing glue where the decals will cover up
4.replace fuzzy strap
5.lay decals on lenticular
6. lay green velcro on lenticual where i should be on the top side
7. possible make battery piece idk yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Vormz did you glue down only under where the decals would cover? id love to hear some tips considering the hc board is so similar to the matty one

Last edited by a moderator:
where did you get the pink vynil? i was thinking of just using the pink from the board itself but im not sure how i would cover the screws that are most likely being covered by the bottom decals

@Vormz did you glue down only under where the decals would cover? id love to hear some tips considering the hc board is so similar to the matty one
I did it at first, but some not glued parts took off a bit, then I used a clear double tape that did not weaken the 3D effect too much.

- - - Updated - - -

where did you get the pink vynil? i was thinking of just using the pink from the board itself but im not sure how i would cover the screws that are most likely being covered by the bottom decals
I work in a printing company ;)

I did it at first, but some not glued parts took off a bit, then I used a clear double tape that did not weaken the 3D effect too much.
i think gluing with the 3d facing up stops it from weakening the effect ill have to just wait and see when i have both in hand how much did you order from sommers i was thinking i can do a whole board with just one yard

i think gluing with the 3d facing up stops it from weakening the effect ill have to just wait and see when i have both in hand how much did you order from sommers i was thinking i can do a whole board with just one yard
I ordered from an european supplier cause sommers shipping costs was too high for France.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back