HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

I've been modding the hc mags but I might get a v2 pair soon I jumped at the hoverboard at this price it's so worth it to do a couple of mods I still need to get a future jacket I don't really care about the hat since Marty wears it for like 2 minutes then takes it off lol

I am trying to calculate costs of molding and casting my 3D printed hoverboard base parts to sell for this board... If there is enough interest it could work out to have real accurate parts on the bottom of this board.

Again if really only want to add the battery box not put new magnet parts can anyone do this? @cavx I know you have the Matty board could you heat form a battery box for a reasonable price?

I am trying to calculate costs of molding and casting my 3D printed hoverboard base parts to sell for this board... If there is enough interest it could work out to have real accurate parts on the bottom of this board.
Ypu could always use shapeways.. If it is leight enough..

Again if really only want to add the battery box not put new magnet parts can anyone do this? @cavx I know you have the Matty board could you heat form a battery box for a reasonable price?

When doing my base parts I would do a resin cast of the magnet assembly with the hold downs and then a cast of the battery. The battery would not be attached to the magnet assembly.

Ypu could always use shapeways.. If it is leight enough..

The battery pack on shapeways they want $56
Both hold downs are $26 ($10 and $16) those prices are my cost...
I didnt even bother with the magnet because I know it would be too expensive. I drew the parts separately so that printing would be easier... I have friends with 3d printers so that isnt the cost prohibitive part, the mold making and casting materials seem expensive.

The battery pack on shapeways they want $56
Both hold downs are $26 ($10 and $16) those prices are my cost...
I didnt even bother with the magnet because I know it would be too expensive. I drew the parts separately so that printing would be easier... I have friends with 3d printers so that isnt the cost prohibitive part, the mold making and casting materials seem expensive.
Yeah thats a lot.. Ppl always shave em off so its less material and cheaper.. But some projects you just cant do that

What are you using to mold?? I wanna try dragon skin..

I think it would be really easy to scratch build the battery box out of sintra. It's just a rectangle, with some rounded corners and notches Dremelled or filed into it.

So I guess the mold might be different from the Mattel one a little bummed te foot live won't spin it looks just like the Mattel though like it's built into the board

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 265
If the battery box graphic is part of the boards underside, it can't be peeled off. I'm not sure if they would have made that little decal separately. If it is part of the rest of the graphic, it would need to be covered and it looks slightly bigger than the screen sized one.

If the battery box graphic is part of the boards underside, it can't be peeled off. I'm not sure if they would have made that little decal separately. If it is part of the rest of the graphic, it would need to be covered and it looks slightly bigger than the screen sized one.
It looks like a sticker to me just placed on the bottom of all the boards which would explain why it's off center a bit time will tell I guess

True, true.

In regards to the foot pad, if the pad itself if a separately molded piece (glued or screwed in?) we could simply drill a hole into the footpad and put a bolt / screw through the center. That's how I made mine and it rotates fine.

True, true.

In regards to the foot pad, if the pad itself if a separately molded piece (glued or screwed in?) we could simply drill a hole into the footpad and put a bolt / screw through the center. That's how I made mine and it rotates fine.
Yeah if it dosent spin I probably won't bother to make it lol just a bummer I asked about the sticker and why they left the box off in the first place haven't heard back yet

Ok so the bottom battery logo is a decal but the guy I'm talking to isn't sure if it's removable or not he also said he's not sure why they designed it that way without the actual box he also said that there isn't a hole under the sticker on the top side of the board for the handlebars I guess we could just place a black circle there and it would look the same though

Attachments

• preview6.png
    preview6.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,307
I can't help you with the missing battery, but you can print the missing "Mattel" logos yourselves. I would suggest you to print it on Vinyl. Here is the logo, which I extracted from my known Hoverboard files. You need an US-Letter or A4 Vinyl sheet (and a printer that is able to print on Vinyl ;)).

PDF files:

US-Letter version: Mattel_Hoverboard_Logo_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_US-Letter.pdf
International A4 version: Mattel_Hoverboard_Logo_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_A4.pdf

Preview pic:

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=435692&d=1423174916
Roland thanks man! If anyone can have these printed on vinyl and sell them I'd pay a couple bucks for the 2 needed for the board

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll have to look into it. There are two ways to do this -

1. Vac Form the part
2. Mold and cast the part which is probably the easiest way to make a buck for the Vac Form anyway.

Set up (making the buck) is the costly part. After that parts work out to about a $1 each or something trivial. Vac Forming is probably the best way to do this for a short run.

cavx I was thinking just vac forming the Mattel part and then id just paint and mount it on the board figured it be cheap to make since you just have to place the already made part in the vac and you could just charge for like the material and shipping but second guessing you said the smallest box is 17 bucks? I think I might just make it out of foam or clay and high gloss it I mean it's just a small part on the bottom

- - - Updated - - -
cavx also dm me I want to make sure everything worked out

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back