HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

Thanks guys. The more I look at it, WK071 looks better. In the shots where it looks like the other color, I think there's a warm filter on the lens, making the green and everything else look warmer.

Well, I found an etsy seller who has much more variety (but you have to buy a huge roll). They show loop velcro, but you get hook with it.

The (wrong) color I have now is closer to the green circled on the bottom left. The two greens at the top right look a lot closer to the real thing. Hard to tell with the different lighting conditions in the movie. My gut says the top right, but some of the photos look more like the second one down. Which one do you guys think looks closer?
View attachment 514145View attachment 514146

Perhaps you could ask the seller to take a photo of the Velcro color board outside? I'm sure if you let them know you are a serious buyer and just want to make the best color match, they will oblige the request.

071 does seem to be the closest in that lighting.

At first the seller got back to me saying they were going to take pictures of the two colors (71, 72), but never did. When I contacted them again today, they said the velcro is made to order, so they can't take photos of it. I may just order a roll, I just wish they sold it in smaller quantities than 27 yards.

Hi guys

Recently received my HC Hoverboard and looking to upgrade it to look more like the screen used board. Does anyone know of a whole kit to do this? Or at very least, the correct size for the Mattel stickers so I can print some myself?

thanks

I'm pretty sure we can split your order with those interested.
I could buy a yard or two.

My hoverboard build is a ways out (pretty busy at the moment), but I just bit the bullet and ordered a roll of the WK071 color. I hope it works out. It's a bit of a guess since they couldn't get back to me with more photos. I'll keep you all updated and hopefully post photos. Says it'll take a couple weeks since it ships from HK.

My hoverboard build is a ways out (pretty busy at the moment), but I just bit the bullet and ordered a roll of the WK071 color. I hope it works out. It's a bit of a guess since they couldn't get back to me with more photos. I'll keep you all updated and hopefully post photos. Says it'll take a couple weeks since it ships from HK.

I'm confident, the color looks really close. Let us know, thanks!

Got the roll of WK071 in and it's looking way better. I didn't have time to take it fully out of the packaging, but I snapped a quick pic at my desk. Even in this bad lighting, you can see the difference in green color. I'll take a daylight photo tomorrow. I was worried that WK071 wouldn't have that yellow tint that I liked from WK072, but it totally has it. And actually WK072 might have ended up too yellow. Here it is next to the roll of "luminous green".
image.jpeg

It's really hard to capture the real colors of the velcro, especially since the luminous green (right) has a slight neon glow to it that can't be captured, and the WK071 (left) is coming out more saturated in the photos. Even this photo on my desktop looks different to how it looked on my phone. I took this in daylight, but in the shade. Direct sunlight just blew out the colors. I tried to get this as close to the actual colors as they are. Seems like this WK071 looks different in different lighting.
velcro_WK071vsLuminousGreen.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back