arkham knight research thread

things may slow down alot going forward, i feel i am losing interest with the lack of success in getting the jacket made. who knew it would be so hard to find a dressmaker/taylor. i will still get the armour finished but will be as and when i feel like it.

few updates
20150609_180907.jpg left handplate finished ready for paint
20150609_180857.jpg right handplate hardened and glassed ready for sanding/shaping

- - - Updated - - -

20150609_180815.jpg left shoulder resined ready for glassing, right shoulder glassed, unfortunately has warped so have to try building it up and reshaping it

still have both biceps and both shins to build along with the belt buckle and clips, also need to start looking at paint colours, any ideas?

I've also been busy putting together a Arkham Knight suit. Its coming along well. The armor parts, minus the bicep armor (which I'll print later as an upgrade to the suit, not enough money right now), are being made. While I've found normal black cargo pants that I will spray paint myself for the camouflage pattern and nicely fitting boots, I seem to have trouble trying to identify the middle part of what the arkham knight is wearing. It seems to be a custom kind of military vest with a camouflage pattern. I have btw identified the straps/buckles near the waist/military vest. You can use in line skating straps and cut them off at the right part to use them as those straps/buckles on the arkham knight. Just search for ''in line skate straps'' on google and you'll know what I mean.

I've also been busy putting together a Arkham Knight suit. Its coming along well. The armor parts, minus the bicep armor (which I'll print later as an upgrade to the suit, not enough money right now), are being made. While I've found normal black cargo pants that I will spray paint myself for the camouflage pattern and nicely fitting boots, I seem to have trouble trying to identify the middle part of what the arkham knight is wearing. It seems to be a custom kind of military vest with a camouflage pattern. I have btw identified the straps/buckles near the waist/military vest. You can use in line skating straps and cut them off at the right part to use them as those straps/buckles on the arkham knight. Just search for ''in line skate straps'' on google and you'll know what I mean.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the info, feel free to post your pics of what you have its always great to see what others have done and compare.

just been looking at these, cant see anything that is the right shape for the abs section of the jacket but did find some that will really help recreate the boots

Well guys and gals the progress on my part has pretty much stopped dead untill I can sort a printer out, however, Fawbish is making great progress with the gauntlets resulting in a rebirth of enthusiasm on my end, will post some pics of the gauntlet later once I get home, will also be pushing myself to finish off the last couple of bits I have ready for painting, will also be looking at ppurchasing boots at the weekend and some inline skate straps to make them accurate ( thanks for the heads up on those Grimros ) also need to start looking at the strapping for the grenade holster andfinding some pouches for the belt so hopefully will find something over the weekend,
So if all goes well I should have a decent update for you all on monday.
Oh and also [MENTION=12924]CrimsonCoscraft has a lady making his jacket to an extreme level of accuracy and she may be willing to do the same for me so fingerscrossed on that.
Big thanks to Bandiet for his awesome files that have allowed this to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added a few of the smaller details/did some pre-smoothing to the back part last night, and once the rear "strap" is added (hopefully tonight) I will be committing the final join between the front and rear piece. Which is terrifying.

Once it is fairly solid, I'll be starting the xtc process and seeing how smooth/sandable I can get the gauntlet without destroying details. After that, I can start printing the second one.

Glad to be a part of this and can't wait until we see the finished product.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** S*** B*****KS. just stood on one of the handplates and broke into pieces, cant believe it, now i have to restart that pice too, like i dont have enough to do and no time :( so not happy now.

on a positive note i bought my boots today, they are thinsulate insulated so they are gonna be very warm to wear all day but they have the right shape im looking for and once i get the inline skate straps they should look fairly accurate and most importantly they are comfortable.
20150627_142822.jpg20150627_142854.jpg

Just a thought for for you guys : after playing the game, the arkham knight helmet visor is actually an opaque HUD, constantly showing red lines and other moving things, so a vacu-form visor tainted like the ones for daft punk cosplay by example, with some EL panels or wires could be really kick ass. It also can open a little bit like an Iron Man helmet faceplate. Hell, I want to make one now :p

Just a thought for for you guys : after playing the game, the arkham knight helmet visor is actually an opaque HUD, constantly showing red lines and other moving things, so a vacu-form visor tainted like the ones for daft punk cosplay by example, with some EL panels or wires could be really kick ass. It also can open a little bit like an Iron Man helmet faceplate. Hell, I want to make one now :p

We've seen the HUD side of this in the previews and one member here has even managed to paint on a very convincing copy on his lid but so far have not seen anything to suggest the visor can open so this is def a new development.

Oh right, I've seen that painted HUD lid. But I didn't think it was like that all the time, I thought it was a solid color with sometimes the HUD elements showing, but it's not the case, it's almost permanently showing the HUD, or at least the 2 main red lines in the front. I'll see if I can find a picture of the opened helmet without spoiling anything.

edit : there you go, two non-spoilery images with the lid flipped.
Arkham_Knight.pngArkham_Knight2.png

Last edited:
Oh right, I've seen that painted HUD lid. But I didn't think it was like that all the time, I thought it was a solid color with sometimes the HUD elements showing, but it's not the case, it's almost permanently showing the HUD, or at least the 2 main red lines in the front. I'll see if I can find a picture of the opened helmet without spoiling anything.

edit : there you go, two non-spoilery images with the lid flipped.
View attachment 494093View attachment 494094
Sweet, adding that could make for an interesting build, too bad ive aleady bought my lid.

Update for potential progress/ your opinion.
As posted previously I managed to break one of my handplates (just as I was giving it a final sand before priming it :'( ) was not happy and exaggerated the extent of the damage slightly, only the 4 knuckle pieces actually broke off, then looking at my vast library of images ive accumulated I realised those parts are actually metal sliders so came up with a solution that I think has worked really well and want to see if you guys think I should do.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back