Daredevil Cowl

TJackFx

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Don't see enough of these around here so I decided to create my own.

Just like my wolverine, this isn't based on any particular style/image, just my interpretation of the character. I'll be making a throwaway mold to help with the finishing/smoothing. If there's any interest I may put some up in the JY.

IMG_0473.JPGIMG_0474.JPGIMG_0475.JPG

Finally got around to making the mold and pulling a cowl. Still need to get the colour where I want it, but I'm really happy with how it turned out (ignore the white mark around the ear on the first pic, I'm not sure what that is as it's not on the actual cowl). I'll put up some better pics of the next one when I get the correct colour.

IMG_0533.JPG IMG_0532.JPG IMG_0534.JPG

Thanks. So, do you just slush cast like like a helmet? I have never found any info on the casting process for urethane cowls. The cure time on the urethane rubbers I've seen seems like it would be too long for slush casting.

Thanks. So, do you just slush cast like like a helmet? I have never found any info on the casting process for urethane cowls. The cure time on the urethane rubbers I've seen seems like it would be too long for slush casting.

Yep, I slush cast the same way - you can add agents to help the rubber cure faster, I use Kick It from Smooth On

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back