Chaos Knight (worbla)

Can we expect any progress on this build? Really looking forward to seeing it completed!

Hey sorry man I know its been a while. Just had a baby, new job, commissions and a million other things take over. I did manage to sort out that neck line as it was far to tight. I can now move my head and it looks right. I also found time to detail the helmet some. I haven't any videos or tutorials sadly but time won't allow it. One day they will come though :)

Glad you are back at it! The detailing (all over) is very Tzeentch-y, indeed!

Yeah I won't go Tzeentch though he will be a none marked champion that is making his way to Khorne. They are sworn enemies so I like that fact he may have been Tzeentch once but turned his back on his kind and was corrupt by the blood god :)

Still just as darned awesome as the last time I checked.
May I ask what the cores of the horns are made from? Looks like a nice method and I've been looking for good ways to get horns together more quickly than sculpting the darn things.

Still just as darned awesome as the last time I checked.
May I ask what the cores of the horns are made from? Looks like a nice method and I've been looking for good ways to get horns together more quickly than sculpting the darn things.

Thank you man :)
They were 5mm foam to get the core shape then I filled the gaps with expanding foam. If you look back a page there are pics of them during creation as its hard to explain.

Great progress, worth the wait! And congratulations on your family expansion!
Is your painting as good as your crafting?

Thank you glad you are still hanging in there. Loving my new girl she is the cutest but hey I am bound to say that :)
I am not sure about my painting skills these days. I used to be good at it but been a very long time since I did any. I am quietly confident about painting him but we will see. Did a couple of commissions lately and thinking the money I made might have to buy an airbrush for it :)

Thank you man :)
They were 5mm foam to get the core shape then I filled the gaps with expanding foam. If you look back a page there are pics of them during creation as its hard to explain.
Oh, derp. of course, I saw them before and totally forgot! Seems to work really well though, I'll have to grab a can o' foam and give it a whirl. :)

I feel like I learned tons just from looking at this! Crazy excited to see how the bracers come out.

Well the bracers won't be the same as the ones in the picture, I don't like them too much. I will do dragon heads on them with the horn facing back away from the elbows, kinda like Guyver I guess.

I highly recommend it. Its great stuff to use if a little/VERY over priced :p

True, though thankfully we've got a local cosplayer who manages to get a slightly cheaper version in for us to buy. I've got a few sheets to play with - I think I'll try it out on my hellkitty pauldron and bracers for a first project :)

Hey guys and gals. Sorry it's been a while but you know life and all that. I have added some detailing to the horns and started the dragon heads on the shoulders. I have some photos I need to upload of a step by step on how I made them.

Wowzers! Insanely cool work as per normal, as a detail nut I love the work you're putting in to getting this looking just right :D
I'd love to see your step by step, I can get my head around covering foam in worbla but the more detailed stuff still somewhat stumps me. Seems I need to have a play with some expanding foam and stop just thinking about it!

Wowzers! Insanely cool work as per normal, as a detail nut I love the work you're putting in to getting this looking just right :D
I'd love to see your step by step, I can get my head around covering foam in worbla but the more detailed stuff still somewhat stumps me. Seems I need to have a play with some expanding foam and stop just thinking about it!

Thank you man glad you likeit :)
I used a different technique for the shoulders this time. I was going to use expanding foam but changed my mind.

Last edited:
fallimar

Untitled-1_zpsdjlwgdle.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1_zpsdjlwgdle.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 85
    262.5 KB · Views: 90
    262.5 KB · Views: 95
    262.5 KB · Views: 83
    262.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
That's looking amazing.

Great to see you back at this. The level of detail you're getting is incredible and it's really interesting to see the way you did the dragons.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back