using parts from the DeAgostini 'Build your own Falcon' in ERTL cutway model

prestodigitator

Hi All,
I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. I've got the ERTL Cut-Away Falcon that i am about to start building in teh coming weeks but i have seen the new DeAgostini Magazine parts and they are really top notch looking so i was thinking that i could maybe buy some of them as they come out and use the parts from that in MY model, but I am assuming that the scale of both thee is different. The Scale for my model says 1/58 but the DeA website states THEIRS as 1:1 with the studio size, so can someone tell me what the scale for the studio model was? If it is 1/58 then i'm laughing, but I rather feel it would have been not as small....
regards,
-Presto

Yeah, I figured as much... Not to worry - will just keep my eye open for bits and pieces then. I may very well not even change the exisiting model at all since it is my first attempt, but want to aim high from the start! :D

Your best bet is to get some of the printed detail parts on Shapeways... do a search on Shapeways for MPC FALCON and you should be able to find all kinds of exquisite detailed parts for the AMT/Ertl/MPC Falcon (they are all the same model!)

The AMT/MPC/ERTL model is closer to 1/65 to 1/72 range (at least the exterior) while the interior (apart from the cockpit) is closer to 1/87 (based on trying to fit figures through those hallway opening in the cutaway model

The DiAgostini one is about 1/43

A closer match size wise (but still on the smaller side) would be the hasbro rebels Millennium Falcon http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Rebels-Millennium-Falcon-Vehicle/38082550

It is around 1/48. The DiAgostini will still be a little bit oversized, but some of them would probably be close enough

As far as the shapeways stuff, this guy has a ton of upgrade parts for the MPC falcon http://www.shapeways.com/designer/TonyRR

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back