Patrick Stewart says he would do Star Trek again!

WOK - Khan
FC - Borg Queen
Nemesis - Clone of himself, even though Piccard had no knowledge of this, so technically not really from his past.
Star trek 2009 - Nemo, again only from Kirk's past if you count Kirk was born during Nero's attack on his fathers ship.

I don't accept into Darkness as that Khan had never met Kirk so was nothing to do with his past.

... An enemy from the captians past resurfaces, and acquires a deadly and powerful weapon he intends to use to revenge himself against the captian and his federation.
After a great sacrifice, the old enemy is defeated...but at a great loss. ...

Replace "captain" and "federation" by the actual name of the hero from any movie and you will get the plot of 99% of all action movies. ;)

BTW: I would LOVE to see another TNG movie, but this time in the style of the TV show. That would be a gift for the fans.

Given how screwed up the timeline is in the JJ Trek movies and how freely they use time travel there's no reason they couldn't have Picard make an appearance in Trek 3 or 4. They could have some Borg (successfully) travel back in time and either be followed by Picard or get some sort of message from the future from Picard.

Replace "captain" and "federation" by the actual name of the hero from any movie and you will get the plot of 99% of all action movies. ;)

BTW: I would LOVE to see another TNG movie, but this time in the style of the TV show. That would be a gift for the fans.

OK, let's try that.

>An enemy from the INDIANA JONES past resurfaces, and acquires a deadly and powerful weapon he intends to use to revenge himself against the INDIANA JONES

Nope.

An enemy from off-duty New York City Police Department officer John McClane's past resurfaces, and acquires a deadly and powerful weapon he intends to use to revenge himself against off-duty New York City Police Department officer John McClane

Nope.

>... An enemy from John Conner's past resurfaces, and acquires a deadly and powerful weapon he intends to use to revenge himself against the JOHN CONNER

Nope.

Doesn't seem to work.

>... An enemy from John Conner's future resurfaces, and acquires a deadly and powerful weapon he intends to use to revenge himself against the JOHN CONNER

Nope.

Alright, here you still have to replace "past" by "future" and it works. :p:D

Given how screwed up the timeline is in the JJ Trek movies and how freely they use time travel there's no reason they couldn't have Picard make an appearance in Trek 3 or 4. They could have some Borg (successfully) travel back in time and either be followed by Picard or get some sort of message from the future from Picard.

No no way! You've totally killed the entire idea! :lol The idea was for him to be in a real ST show! ;) ;)

It was very disheartening to see the TNG crew go out like they did. But I've kind of accepted that it's over now. Abrams destroyed any hopes of me getting excited for Trek again. The TNG cast is now at the age the TOS crew was when they were considered too old. Trek is no longer the cerebral tale of human exploration and morality. It's a dumbed down, action movie for the masses. My Trek is dead.

And yes, sir Patrick's input did ruin Insurrection.

It's a dumbed down, action movie for the masses. My Trek is dead.
That's what happens when you try to retool something to a wider audience.... alienate the core fans. (not that they COULDN'T have pleased both with a bit more effort).

Perhaps Stewart will join in on some fan films, like "Of Gods and Men" or Captain Worf????

It was very disheartening to see the TNG crew go out like they did. But I've kind of accepted that it's over now. Abrams destroyed any hopes of me getting excited for Trek again. The TNG cast is now at the age the TOS crew was when they were considered too old. Trek is no longer the cerebral tale of human exploration and morality. It's a dumbed down, action movie for the masses. My Trek is dead.

And yes, sir Patrick's input did ruin Insurrection.

To be honest the central theme of Trek always worked best on the small screen where you had time to really delve into and explore those themes, an hour and a half to two hour movie is just not long enough for that and if you really tried to you'd end up boring a lot of audiences. Besides, it's not like any of old Trek movies were deep introspective pieces on the human condition or new places and new civilizations, they were almost always action fests. The one movie that was closest to that idea was The Motion Picture and while it did well enough to spawn 5 more sequels it was also considered to be something of a snooze fest by a lot of people and all subsequent Trek movies went with more action.

To be honest the central theme of Trek always worked best on the small screen where you had time to really delve into and explore those themes, an hour and a half to two hour movie is just not long enough for that and if you really tried to you'd end up boring a lot of audiences. Besides, it's not like any of old Trek movies were deep introspective pieces on the human condition or new places and new civilizations, they were almost always action fests. The one movie that was closest to that idea was The Motion Picture and while it did well enough to spawn 5 more sequels it was also considered to be something of a snooze fest by a lot of people and all subsequent Trek movies went with more action.

I actually kind of disagree with this...

Trek 1 as you say was as you say an introspective piece on the human condition
Trek 2 for all of it's action was about the consequences of actions, coming to terms with aging and with death
Trek 3 was about the bonds of family, friendship and loyalty
Trek 4 was about the whales and the short-sightedness of humanity
Trek 5 for all of its fails was about seeking God and the need for purpose
Trek 6 was about change and embracing peace

TNG Trek movies... I'll give you those... they were all about the action....

Oh very true. Though they did try to contain messages in many of them. ST2 is about aging and trying to show that heroes are human too. It's also about what can happen when you let vengeance consume you. ST4 was our basic environmentalist story while pointing out issues with 80s society by showing an outside perspective. ST6 was about racism and prejudice. Generations was about loss and death being a part of life (which is certainly uplifting). ST FC was again about vengeance, but this time overcoming it and what humanity could be capable of overcoming. I think INS was about not blindly following orders and (snicker) vanity or some such. The rest were really kind of filler. And not all of those movies were all that well executed.

But my real issue is that they've rebooted the universe so that all future Trek will be in this new universe. Studios follow money. With what they saw in the success of the first movie they'll undoubtedly follow that same formula. Really Roddenberry's craziness kind of guided TV Trek in that cerebral, moral direction. True, he took things too far, but when he passed he instilled that same idea in Berman (Berman subsequently went mad with power in later years). Gene was only involved in the first movie. Which is why it had the tone it did compared to the others.

I actually kind of disagree with this...

Trek 1 as you say was as you say an introspective piece on the human condition
Trek 2 for all of it's action was about the consequences of actions, coming to terms with aging and with death
Trek 3 was about the bonds of family, friendship and loyalty
Trek 4 was about the whales and the short-sightedness of humanity
Trek 5 for all of its fails was about seeking God and the need for purpose
Trek 6 was about change and embracing peace

TNG Trek movies... I'll give you those... they were all about the action....

I'll stand by First Contact and defend it.
Focusing on how important spaceflight will be, that that precious moment of FTL travel beginning the next great era of humanity taking
us to another level is vital. Yes lots of action no question. But the underlying theme was there.
"...your astronauts on some kind of star trek'. Funny line but I loved it for the deeper meaning.
Cochrane gazing at Earth for the first time in wonder, he also personally leveled up because of the flight of the Phoenix....
a weapon delivery system converted to exploration, indeed from the ashes of WWIII arose a magnificent "bird".
Lily getting a glimpse of the incredible future to be and envying it, that is what Star Trek should do for us.
The film was also accessable to non-trekkies. My wife greatly enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I agree that was my favorite TNG movie. It also has that great scene with Cochrane saying he envied where the TNG crew was going and Riker (I think...) said he envied what Cochrane will get to experience.

I'll stand by First Contact and defend it.
Focusing on how important spaceflight will be, that that precious moment of FTL travel beginning the next great era of humanity taking
us to another level is vital. Yes lots of action no question. But the underlying theme was there.
"...your astronauts on some kind of star trek'. Funny line but I loved it for the deeper meaning.
Cochrane gazing at Earth for the first time in wonder, he also personally leveled up because of the flight of the Phoenix....
a weapon delivery system converted to exploration, indeed from the ashes of WWIII arose a magnificent "bird".
Lily getting a glimpse of the incredible future to be and envying it, that is what Star Trek should do for us.
The film was also accessable to non-trekkies. My wife greatly enjoyed it.

Those are some pretty excellent points. Despite my many issues with Star Trek First Contact, there were enough good moments in the film that made me look passed those issues and call First Contact a good movie.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that was my favorite TNG movie. It also has that great scene with Cochrane saying he envied where the TNG crew was going and Riker (I think...) said he envied what Cochrane will get to experience.

That was actually an exchange between Picard and Lily.

Lily Sloane: I envy you... the world you're going to.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I envy YOU... taking these first steps into a new frontier. I shall miss you, Lily.

It seemed to me that Nemesis was some kind of attempt to make a TNG Wrath of Khan.
TWOK seemed to be the gold standard I guess.
Clearly the studio recently thought so again.

Open on the temporal distortion of the Nerada entering the JJ universe
In the distance you see the USS Kelvin slowly approaching
SUDDENLY another temporal rift opens! And it's the Enterprise D! (Why? Cause it's better than E)
And we flash to Picard giving the other "fire all weapons!"
Worf (in a gold uniform) "aye captain!"
And the Ent D obliterates the Nerada and enters back into a temporal rift.
Flash to bridge of the Kelvin:
"Mr Kirk! What was that?"
George Kirk: "I dunno."

TIMELINE RESTORED!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back