Wow, Great job!

Have you considered casting the heads in rubber to make them more movie accurate? Also is the paint you use that shiney or is it just the camera? In my opinion they would look more realistic if they had less of a gloss to them. Awesome job though, no way would I have the dedication to make more than my favourite ones.

Keep it up!

Wow, Great job!

Have you considered casting the heads in rubber to make them more movie accurate? Also is the paint you use that shiney or is it just the camera? In my opinion they would look more realistic if they had less of a gloss to them. Awesome job though, no way would I have the dedication to make more than my favourite ones.

Keep it up!

Thanks. I've not considered casting in anything other than resin but that could change in the future. The paint is matte but a few different sealers were tested which resulted the in that gloss. I think we've resolved that issue since then.my only thing is that all of them were my favorite XD thanks again, and no worries cause I won't stop till their complete :)

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

hi jok3r, your progress is fanstastic! I really like the heads and the logos for the belts youve created. Tell me, is it possible to create a transparent skull logo for the belt of archer and chip / 12" hasbro talking figures? I think it needs to be in resin to be transparent, so that a LED behind it is able to flash it up to bright green. Do you think its possible to create with own hands?

I have also read that you ripped the movie sounds for your stands. Here is maybe a little tip: There are 2 PC Games of Small Soldiers which should have original US Voices on it. I know from small soldiers globotech design lab you can easily copy the sound folder of the 8bit .wav taunts of gorgonites or commando elites. The other game is called small soldiers squad commander, but here you only can record some sentences but even without music/sound effects. Ive needed VMWare to run these :D Hope that helps :) Cheers!
SSSC.jpgSSGDL.jpg

hi jok3r, your progress is fanstastic! I really like the heads and the logos for the belts youve created. Tell me, is it possible to create a transparent skull logo for the belt of archer and chip / 12" hasbro talking figures? I think it needs to be in resin to be transparent, so that a LED behind it is able to flash it up to bright green. Do you think its possible to create with own hands?

I have also read that you ripped the movie sounds for your stands. Here is maybe a little tip: There are 2 PC Games of Small Soldiers which should have original US Voices on it. I know from small soldiers globotech design lab you can easily copy the sound folder of the 8bit .wav taunts of gorgonites or commando elites. The other game is called small soldiers squad commander, but here you only can record some sentences but even without music/sound effects. Ive needed VMWare to run these :D Hope that helps :) Cheers!
View attachment 584003View attachment 584002
thankyou :) yes the logo can be cast in a clear resin tinted green that way the led light will shine through. That'll probably be something I tackle once I complete the sets and move onto imbed ding the voice module inside each figure. As far as the Audio files, I've never looked into those games, I just assumed they had different voice actors do them but it's a great idea and I'll have to try and locate those games, unless of course you have access to the files and wouldn't mind sending them to me via email. Just in case you can send them to jok3r0314@gmail.com with the subject "small soldiers"

image.jpeg Here's a different illustration I've got going on for the front of the box for Insaniac.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 388
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 244
image.jpeg Some exciting news, I've finally tracked down clear references for the gorgonites box art, front and backs! Still waiting to see if the commandos art will be dug up but for now I'm pretty thrilled to have these in my possession. I'll be redrawing all the line arts soon then I'll have to get my hands on some copic markers to replicate the colors. I was told berol markers were used on the originals.

Exciting news indeed! Very nice. I admire your dedication.

Thanks, I'll also be receiving line art for the commando pop display. Still need to track down the individual front artwork for chip, butch, Kip, and nick. In case anyone comes across any of those :)

IMG_20160220_220515.jpg I'm having too much fun. Rough sketch, refined drawing, inked line art, thick outline by time I'm done I've drawn each one at least 3-4 times =) after all this maybe the powers that be will add me to the crew of small soldiers 2 XD

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back