Show your custom Lightsabers!

skx 1.jpgskx 2.jpgskx 3.jpgskx 5.jpg

I built this one back around the time Episode 3 came out so it's a bit rougher than anything I'd build now. BUT I like the design.
20150422_013618_resized.jpg
20150422_013626_resized.jpg
20150422_013636_resized.jpg
20150422_013645_resized.jpg

So I altered an already converted Heiland into a more accurate MPP like fashion ... to be able to wear it on Darth 'Ugly' Vader's costume . . . new parts are an MPP like clamp with sleeve, replica MPP pushbutton greeblie, real Exactra bubbles only red, colored 18 gauge wires in the sockets and a Larbel endcap it only has 4 Blast-Tech grips I'll may have to upgrade to 6 plastic or rubber more accurate T-tracks from Roy's . . . when I feel like it :)

Chaim

Thanks ... yeah I did not want the loose a real Exactra bubbles or even a Roy's replica whilest trooping with Darth Ugly ... this was such a tight fit ... so no need to worry loosing it :) Here's the other half when it was still in the Heiland clamp :

Chaim

ok, after a double-take at a reflection on Chaim's saber, even though it's not real I want someone to do this! run like.rods down from the MPP shroud holes (drill them through) on both sides of the body to something else, like a ring, wrapped above or below the clamp. I think that'd look pretty sweet

So I just dug this out of storage...

dmb01.jpg

It's a DeMornay-Budd 3 cell flash that I acquired about 16 years ago. The design is rather ironic, when you consider the new Kylo Ren saber.

dmb02.jpg

dmb04.jpg

dmb05.jpg

dmb06.jpg

Once upon a time I started converting it into a saber, but only got so far as dressing out the emitter end a bit - if I remember correctly, I used some parts from a plastic sprinkler head and a rubber O ring.

dmb03.jpg

I think it's about time that I finally finish it off, with some T-track and a D-ring. The only question is, do I go with a bubble strip or a BUS card in the clamp? No need for mylar tape either, as the logo is actually pretty cool:

dmb07.jpg

Here's a shot that I dug up, taken back when I first got it - you can kinda' see what was going on inside the socket. There's also that lever (bulb release?) that I removed.

DeMornayBudd.JPG

And here are some auction pics that I grabbed, probably back around that same time - this one appears to be a 2 cell and it looks like the "prongs" are slightly different (at least that back one, anyway)

FlashLightSaber_main.jpg
FlashLightSaberDetail1.jpg
FlashLightSaberDetail2.jpg

That's a cool flash unit. I think it would great with an angled shroud on the "emitter" end. Not necessarily a Vader looking one but something angled and cool looking.

Indeed some longer T-tracks till the clamp would be enough ... Roy can make them to your acquired size ... and I always like bubbles ... perhaps you can also track down a vintage calculator with the red ones as I did with my Heiland? Of course a D-ring is always good :)

Chaim

The emitter section really looks like an emitter. Good work there with the sprinkler head :thumbsup

Thanks. It was a confluence of knowing what I wanted & getting lucky/finding something that looked OK and was the right size :)

Indeed some longer T-tracks till the clamp would be enough ... Roy can make them to your acquired size ... and I always like bubbles ... perhaps you can also track down a vintage calculator with the red ones as I did with my Heiland? Of course a D-ring is always good :)

Chaim

Yeah, bubbles were my first love (saber-wise ;)) Not sure about the red, but I have some non-Exactra 19/20 calculators stashed around here somewhere... I'll have to see if they might work.

As I've got Tandy Leather ads on the page now...how about natural or simulated natural products, like wood, leather and stone? We've seen a couple of leather wraps and wooden hilts here, but I'd like to see more of those really out-of-the box designs. This being a product that is often turned on a lathe (when not made of reclaimed flash tubes, heh) I think it lends itself well to wood or stone, be it the full grip or just accents. There are also simulated stone products out there that are popular among pen and handle turners.

Zebra wood or purple heart against brass would make one stand out in the crowd. (Especially with a less common blade color.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back