Show your custom Lightsabers!

Mean, I really enjoy the emitter of your custom.

Here's another one of my sabers. This one is made from a vintage torch, antennae tubing and some parts from an LED torch. I wanted to create a saber that would fit in the OT but have a passing similarity to Windu's second saber, like having a narrow emitter end. Less indulgently designed of course. Again, I'm always striving for that 'it could be found in a tool box' look.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Mean, I really enjoy the emitter of your custom.

Here's another one of my sabers. This one is made from a vintage torch, antennae tubing and some parts from an LED torch. I wanted to create a saber that would fit in the OT but have a passing similarity to Windu's second saber, like having a narrow emitter end. Less indulgently designed of course. Again, I'm always striving for that 'it could be found in a tool box' look.

Thanks, it's part of a garden hose connector, I really like the way looks. I still intend on adding more greeblies to it, and I'll obviously have to find something to cover the switch if I ever get it working.
I really like your sabers a lot. Very classic OT looking, and just a perfect used star wars feel.

Did some more work tonight. I'd say the cosmetics are basically done. I still feel like it could use something else, but I'm not sure what. Painted the whole thing black only to use tape to strip most of it off. Here's what I got.

screenshot tool

upload a picture

HAD to add a red button somewhere one this thing.

free screen capture software

Emitter

image hosting 20mb

image upload no compression

upload pictures

screen shot windows 7

This is what I got so far. Basically finished until the electronics are done.

This is a simple custom from over 10 years ago and I was never a big fan of the result when it came to the grips. These are a smaller version of the u-shaped strips of steel that I used on the other custom that I posted recently. They're a lot more narrow than the usual T-track grips used on the OT sabers.

I used some of my recently aquired stainless steel grip material (wider and a little longer) and made new grips for it. Wet-sanded the shroud and eliminated a lot of the grinding marks that were once covered up by the black wrinkle paint. Not very noticable in the pics, though.

Still haven't decided if the the new grips are going to be painted black.

Before

DSC03409_zpsltp6vfmh.jpg

After

DSC03412_zpscr2lz1pf.jpg

Next to the "Brute" custom saber

DSC03421_zpsiuc17nsw.jpg

DSC03409_zpsltp6vfmh.jpg

DSC03412_zpscr2lz1pf.jpg

DSC03421_zpsiuc17nsw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love those sabers! Is that a heiland shroud with the finish taken off? I'm about to start a similar custom and I love what you've done with this!

I love those sabers! Is that a heiland shroud with the finish taken off? I'm about to start a similar custom and I love what you've done with this!

Thanks!

Yep, it's a Heiland shroud and the 3 cell flash is a Heiland SOL. The replica clamp is an old Larbel version and the circuit board/chrome tape/ESB d-ring are from Yodashouse.

I've been going through my greeblies and there's enough "found parts" available to make one more good hardware saber. Aready have a sink tube, I'll need an end cap and some more button head allen screws. Another sub-$20.00 saber, easy.

Last edited:
I love these custom sabers! Seeing them just makes me want to make more!
I am kind of making a new one. It's more of a just for fun thing over a prop. I'm making a mini hilt only large enough to accommodate a box cutter inside so I can use it at work, which my work requires almost constant use of a box cutter, so I thought it would be cool.
As for my other one, I replaced that big, bulky D ring with a smaller one, looks way better, still no electronics though :( I was going to see if I could commission someone to install them for me.

would some one please post a episode 1 screen accurate diagram of obi-wan's saber.

Try posting a thread in the Star Wars Costumes & Props section! You'll get more traffic, this specific thread is a place to share custom sabers.

I don't have much info on that saber, coincidentally. A thread like that would be useful.

Well I finally found some time to finish off my DeMornay-Budd flash...

DeMornay saber01.jpg

DeMornay saber02.jpg

Big thanks to roygilsing for the grips - they're good quality for a great price. :thumbsup

The shroud is from a Heiland 2 cell - I sandblasted it and sanded the rim:

DeMornay saber03.jpg

The bubble strip is from an unmarked mystery calculator that I had in my parts bin - it was a nine digit display that I cut down to seven. Both top and bottom surfaces have a frosted finish, and on the bottom there are polished concave depressions that correspond to each of the bubbles:

DeMornay saber04.jpg

DeMornay saber01.jpg

DeMornay saber02.jpg

DeMornay saber03.jpg

DeMornay saber04.jpg

redbutton pretty neat huh?

Well I finally found some time to finish off my DeMornay-Budd flash...

View attachment 491365

View attachment 491366

Big thanks to @roygilsing for the grips - they're good quality for a great price. :thumbsup

The shroud is from a Heiland 2 cell - I sandblasted it and sanded the rim:

View attachment 491368

The bubble strip is from an unmarked mystery calculator that I had in my parts bin - it was a nine digit display that I cut down to seven. Both top and bottom surfaces have a frosted finish, and on the bottom there are polished concave depressions that correspond to each of the bubbles:

View attachment 491369

Your saber is superb!! I'm trying to finish up my DeMornay-Budd flash will post when done...I'm really impressed with all the sabers on here they all look so professional!
Steve

I LOVE the Ven Zallow saber! It is my favorite non movie saber. I'm hoping to get up the courage to take a chance on the Parks version since it appears to be the only choice left.

FYI, Nocturne Armory from time to time opens up a space to take on a commission. You just have to regularly visit his FB site for updates. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nocturne-Armory/121826401221221?fref=ts

I had shot some videos of this hilt to highlight this TOR-themed hilt.

FYI, Nocturne Armory from time to time opens up a space to take on a commission. You just have to regularly visit his FB site for updates. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nocturne-Armory/121826401221221?fref=ts

I had shot some videos of this hilt to highlight this TOR-themed hilt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFFbSM8m7yA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVNQyS5KSa4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD_e9D8v5JA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ0XxRn7GrA

This looks sweet, it reminds me of something from SWTOR

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back