Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 306
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 343
Re: Batman, Robin, and Catwoman costumes underway

Been working on the Catwoman goggles. I started with the standard ebay pair - white frames with gold/yellow lenses. I'd planned on doing silver frames so I figured starting with white would make that a little easier.

Painted the frames. Got some over-spray on the foam. I'll touch that up later.:

Found some translucent film for cheap on ebay - looks like people use this stuff quite a bit in automotive applications. It's not too difficult to work with. Goes on much like a Zagg screen protector.

And finished!

Got my Neal Adams-style cowl from coofunkcurly last week. I love it! The styling is exactly what I was looking for. It's a tad big on me which is saying something as my noggin' measures 24.5" around. The size of this cowl was definitely a determining factor in my selection and purchase.

SHUT UP, CRIME!

Outstanding job so far! Being a huge Batman fan myself, I also did a Neal Adams style suit. It turned out great. I even got to meet and take a picture with Mr. Adams in costume and he loved it. If you do want to make it blue I would suggest blue Nu-Life color spray. I painted my gloves, boots, cape, trunks and cowl with it so all the blue matches. Good luck and can't wait to see more.

Thanks!

I debated long and hard on whether to go blue or black. In the end, I decided it would be much easier to go black rather than try to source similar colors for all the different parts. I like the Nu-Life idea though. I've used that product in the past on other projects with excellent results.

I too have a black and grey comic style suit with neal adams cowl and yellow chest logo (92 Returns version)

I would love that logo you made..any chance of making another for sale? :)IMG_0205.jpg

Also where did you get the cowl? I too am a 24.5 head size? what's it made of? i'm looking to get another...

Very nice. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Clooney in the cowl?

I too have a black and grey comic style suit with neal adams cowl and yellow chest logo (92 Returns version)

I would love that logo you made..any chance of making another for sale? :)View attachment 463082

Also where did you get the cowl? I too am a 24.5 head size? what's it made of? i'm looking to get another...

Nice costume! If I made another logo, it wouldn't be until after Memorial Day as I'm pretty busy getting several costumes together for Phoenix Comicon.

I got the cowl from coofunkcurly (he's a member here). It's his Neal Adams cowl.

Very nice. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Clooney in the cowl?

Haha! No. But thanks! :D

That's great. Just let me know if you still plan on making one and how much. Thanks
BTW, your little girl looks awesome in her Robin suit.. She looks the part. Can't wait to see your other stuff.
Thanks for the info on cowl maker...

That's great. Just let me know if you still plan on making one and how much. Thanks
BTW, your little girl looks awesome in her Robin suit.. She looks the part. Can't wait to see your other stuff.

I really like your gloves. Did make or buy them (and who from, if so)? Also what did you use for the grey part of the suit?

- - - Updated - - -

I really like your gloves. Did make or buy them (and who from, if so)? Also what did you use for the grey part of the suit?

I purchased the gloves from a real cool guy here in LA. He also makes capes and other things. He can make the gloves any color and any style fins. They're made of vinyl material very comfy. I can give you his contact info if you want.
The suit is from eastbay.. It was their older heather grey color. Now they have a darker grey. I plan on getting a new pair in white, and using grey rit dye to make it a lighter grey color

I purchased the gloves from a real cool guy here in LA. He also makes capes and other things. He can make the gloves any color and any style fins. They're made of vinyl material very comfy. I can give you his contact info if you want.
The suit is from eastbay.. It was their older heather grey color. Now they have a darker grey. I plan on getting a new pair in white, and using grey rit dye to make it a lighter grey color

Yeah, I'd love the contact info for the glove guy. And thanks for the kind words about my daughter. She really gets into it!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'd love the contact info for the glove guy. And thanks for the kind words about my daughter. She really gets into it!

tjp@aceweb.com here's his email address. His name is tuck porter.. I just got his ok to pass this along to you. He can make them to your size. He's really accommodating. Let me know how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

tjp@aceweb.com here's his email address. His name is tuck porter.. I just got his ok to pass this along to you. He can make them to your size. He's really accommodating. Let me know how it goes.

I hope you don't mind but I wanted to share this picture of my son and I at Comic Con Sacramento last year. I hope you decide to go blue. I don't think it's enough blue and gray batsuits out there. I wanted to prove it can be done and look good. Which ever color you decide I'm sure it will look awesome. Looking forward to more progress.

My family's batman trio I didn for Halloween last year. Love yours. It's awesome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155

Wow you guys look GREAT.. You really look the parts.. Was hoping to see some pictures..

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back