EFX legend vader helmet or similar

icemanfredtm

well, I have been away for awhile.
Raising my son has taken all of my time...and $$$
I decided to stop by and ask about the efx legend vader.

I have owned many Vader helmets over the years. But this one I really liked. Missed out on ordering one.
But ever forgot how much I liked it. especially the brushed silver.

ayway I see a couple on ebay. but really expesive.
Not only that its sealed in a box ad cat see the helmet.

so can anyonne tell me what issues there were with these. That might be in one of those sealed boxes?

Or

anyone here making a similar helmet? i.e Accurate, ANH, brushed silver highlights

thanks

I have an eFX legend.

Some of the first ones shipped out had issues with the dome rubbing against the styrofoam, causing marks and discoloration with the finish.

Though mine was one of the first received, AND a low #... And yet I didn't have this problem.

I honestly don't know what to tell you other than look for a higher # or contact the seller about when he got it.

If it is open and resealed, ask if it came with a black cloth cover over the dome.

Good luck! I love mine!

Best licensed helmet EVER!

So far.....

Last edited:
The cloth cover was added to protect the dome.

My box and plaque are packed away in storage. But I got it very quickly. Before people were posting about the issue.

A few people claimed dome position issues as well.

I went through 3 domes from efx, had Styrofoam issues, dome placement issues, and one with cracked, scratched off paint. 4th was a charm. Beautiful retail helmet lowest I've seen one go as of late is around $1300 though and that was months ago.

thanks for all the ifo.
Mickxc, I e mailed you

I am interested in seeing some pics of the dome placement issues.

It would seem that an unopened box from efx on ebay isnt exactly a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

while I have some anh vader guys attention...
didnt the original anh vader just use velcro to attach the dome?
wasnt the ring developed after anh?

I notice efx uses a ring attachment.
what about the quasimodo?

The original used 3m plastic tabs, and weren't very effective , hence the reason why the dome is in many different positions though out the movie.
to improve on this and achieve consistency for esb & rotj, the adopted a mounting ring & Velcro patch on the forehead
this created a different look as the eyes are less shadowed by the dome ovoverhang
Efx chose the dome ring & magnet to achieve a quality result & consistent look, but IMO it lacked the same overhang & mean look created by the shadow.

Efxs dome placement issues related to the internal magnets being off line. Or more specifically on occasions the wrong way around, + to +, causing misalignment

( but not on mine :).

I have a legend one and I love this thing. It is so very well done and by far stands out as the most accurate licensed Darth Vader helmet...probably forever ! It is a jewel and worth the money.

Yep, there are some amazing sculpts to be had these days. We're lucky.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Brian Muir. He sculpted the original Vader helmet for ANH and sells them on his site.
If you're going to spend serious money, you might want to take a look at the real deal.

Yep, there are some amazing sculpts to be had these days. We're lucky.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Brian Muir. He sculpted the original Vader helmet for ANH and sells them on his site.
If you're going to spend serious money, you might want to take a look at the real deal.

Why isn't that one mentioned more??? Wouldn't that be the ultimate???

Just curious.

Hmm, I did not know that BM sells Helmets.
Not much detailed info there.

what caught my eye on efx was that brushed silver.
the brushed sailer on quasimodo seems less even. Dont like it as much. also see alot of tiny scratches on the black.
still an awesome helmet warranted a PM.
havent heard back from him though.
typically, how long does he take to respond?

still looking at a couple efx also.

thanks
for all the great info.

Just got to your PM today. The original ANH helmet was a wreck. To many (like myself and Mac) this is part of its charm, and what I've tried to do with Quasimodo. The eFX is a great helmet, but in terms of accurately replicating the finish seen on screen, I don't feel it's even close. Quasimodo is definitely a warts'n'all replica, but I'm happy to talk over details with you via pm!

I personally like the Ugly quite a bit and I'm considering the ESB version. Have to convince the wife I need two Vader helmets in the house.

I purchased one of Brian Muir's helmets and can tell you it's a remarkable piece of work from a master artist.
It is finished screen accurately with all the lived in appeal of the original.

If you're looking for an idealized showroom version, the EFX may be the way to go.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back