Size for a 1:1 scale Batarang from Arkham series videogame

Bogeyman

Hi guys, I'm new around here,

but I have this idea/wish to realize the Batarang from the Batman Arkham series videogame in a 1:1 scale. I was thinking to realize it in Aluminum. I still have some small problem, like I have to rebuild it in a CAD file because I realized it in Cinema 4D and that kind of file is not good for computer controlled milling machines, but well I'll fix it in some way learning the software as much as I need to build it again (in the end the shape is not so complicated) also because I cannot find a way to convert the file.

Well actually what I wanted to ask to you guys is what do you think is the size of the battering for a 1:1 scale? I mean the length, width and thickness.

Really thank you for the help.

P.S: If this is not the correct place for this post, I'm really sorry. Could be moved to the right section? Thanks
Andrea.

Hey, Bogeyman

First, let me state that I'm basically a lurker on this site. I do some novice customizing/modeling, but I'm nowhere near the skill level of most of the members here. I basically come here to admire their extraordinary work.

That being said, a friend of mine picked up the Arkham City Collectors Edition which came with a full scale plastic version of the batarang from the game. If it will help you I can get the exact dimensions. let me know if this is what you are after.

Hey, Bogeyman

First, let me state that I'm basically a lurker on this site. I do some novice customizing/modeling, but I'm nowhere near the skill level of most of the members here. I basically come here to admire their extraordinary work.

That being said, a friend of mine picked up the Arkham City Collectors Edition which came with a full scale plastic version of the batarang from the game. If it will help you I can get the exact dimensions. let me know if this is what you are after.

Hi jimmer,

well I'm not so different from you actually, I found this forum recently so I was just admiring the work of all the people here that is amazing... I'm also way far from the skill level of the rpf members it I just had the idea and will (it's also a challenge against myself) to realize this batarang with a friend.

The problem is that I know the collector you are talking about, but then I start doubting if it was a real full scale when I saw this

http://www.projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=19

to have a better idea of the size just look this on YouTube this unboxing from ign

http://youtu.be/kjrSDvccQ9w

so now I have no more idea on which actually is the real size of the batarang.

thanks for the help.

Andrea

No prob.

This is just my opinion, but if the project is simply for enjoyment and to create a nice display item, I'd go with the theory that obviously there's no "real" batarang, so simply scale it to what you think would display best.

I'm a huge fan of the Batman, and have purchased several metal versions of batarangs and recently found a guy making excellent fiberglass versions that are about a foot long and fold in half. When you "flip" it open it locks into place with magnets. Being fiberglass, these aren't meant to be thrown but they are really attractive and very affordable.

Check them out on Youtube: I'm on my Xbox so I can't post a link, but search Custom batarang EGT1984 emgo316.

Good luck

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back