The X-Files to return to TV! - I WANT TO BELIEVE

Fox has been doing the ads using 'x' episodes til the 'season finale' the last couple weeks. They're at least trying to give the impression this won't be a one and done, though, i can't say they have a believable track record.

Wait, isn't that the last episode? I thought the two mythology episodes start and finish the "miniseries event whatever."

Next week. Six episodes. Mythology on the ends. Good stuff in the middle. And they're calling this a "season" so they're likely hoping to get picked up again.

Yeah, this is kinda why I'm just not really giving a crap about the current run. I've always suspected they wouldn't actually resolve the mythology, likely because Chris Carter has no idea what the "answer" really is.

That said, i've been enjoying watching Seasons 1 and 2 (and I'll eventually move on to 3) on Amazon Prime. There are actually a bunch of episodes I've never even seen (I started watching live around Season 4), and it's fun to revisit them and the 90s. My god! Those PHONES!! The SUITS!! EVERYTHING IS BOXY AND ENORMOUS!!!!

No, it's a pure mythology episode, the counterpart of the first one, just told from Scully's point of view. If you didn't like the first episode, as most people didn't, you won't like this either. The best is behind us.

:facepalm

I envy you, I binge watched Seasons 1- 5 about 3 years ago and had not seen them since they aired.

Took me right back to that time and I really enjoyed watching them again and reminded me how much I loved and missed that show.

That said, i've been enjoying watching Seasons 1 and 2 (and I'll eventually move on to 3) on Amazon Prime. There are actually a bunch of episodes I've never even seen (I started watching live around Season 4),

I have to say, I was pretty disappointed in the blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo by the Lone Gunmen. Their return was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. :(

Episode was alright. I think it's probably my least favorite of them all so far.

I hate to say it but this whole thing has been a huge disappointment. I mean as cool as it is to see our aging heroes back in the saddle, seeing the two young FBI agents who were so in your face supposed to be young versions of M&S was saddening.
If they try a "passing of the torch" thing it will just flop.
The ONLY reason people are tuning in is because Mulder and Scully are back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, another SNL skit. I'm done watching this drek. It's actually embarrassing to watch them act this way. You guys enjoy it....

Well i watched 3 episodes and have to say I was pretty disapointed...you just can't go home again. :unsure

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back