Need Apollo Lunar Roving Vehicle Reference

imaginager

Sr Member
Does anyone know of a photo-reference site for the Apollo-era moonbuggy? I've done the Google thing, and most images are all side-on. While helpful, I need more information about the forward and aft sections where the wheels attach. Thanks in advance!

I pulled this text from Wiki,

Replicas of rovers are on display at the National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola, Florida, the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon, and the Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center in Hutchinson, Kansas. A replica on loan from the Smithsonian Institution is on display at the Mission: Space attraction at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida.

Why not get a camera and a plane ticket to location that's near you and snap some pictures.

From your profile Imaginager, you're at Willamette Valley, is that in Oregon? The Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon is in your area.

I have lots of shots of the test articles that are at the museum in Seattle and a couple of the one at Huntsville, I can look to see what they show. I wouldn't go with a replica, some of them are very poorly built. In fact, I wouldn't go with anything at McMinnville, as almost nothing in their space hangar is the real deal...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back