GhostMinion's Fallout 3d Models and Props

Cool! What are you using to make the labels on the bottles?

For the Nuka Cola bottles, I printed the labels, downloaded from deviantart, onto outdoor sticker labels. Then I trimmed them up, and stuck them on. The sticker can stretch a little, but it can't quite hug the curve of the bottle right. Nevertheless, they came out nice.

For the sunset bottle, I used photo paper to print the labels. There is no problem with how the label hugs it, because the label goes around a flat surface, not a bubbled out surface. For adhesive I just used super glue. The neck collar label is a pain for that one, though. The template isn't curved to hug the neck like it should.

I'm thinking of having some profession labels made, but finding the right place seems to be a pain. However, I'm happy to say that I'm expecting some custom printed bottlecaps, for both the sunset bottles, and some Nuka caps as well. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them.

Ok, thanks! I was wondering because some Nuke bottles used paper and it didn't conform like yours did. Did you use clear tinted resin in it or is that actual liquid?

Someone had their bottlecaps done here: http://www.bottlemark.com/ . I may have some made for my nephew's birthday.

Ok, thanks! I was wondering because some Nuke bottles used paper and it didn't conform like yours did. Did you use clear tinted resin in it or is that actual liquid?

Someone had their bottlecaps done here: http://www.bottlemark.com/ . I may have some made for my nephew's birthday.

The stickers are vinyl, I think. They said outdoor labels on the package, got em' at Staples. They have a little stretch to them to help them hug the bottle. The liquid is the original soda.

Yeah, I ordered some from bottlemark. I ordered some of the ones they had listed, which are not fully accurate because they are on a white cap (though the nuka logo is perfect). I also did some custom ones, doing some nuka caps that are more accurate (but not 100%) and some sunset caps as well. When they get here, I'll let you know how they did. If they look good, I've got a design ready to make 100% accurate caps, on the right color cap too. Plus, I wanna do some custom collectable types, doing some vault boy icons on some caps just for fun.

So, my bottlecaps from bottlemark shipped out today. Should be a couple days until they get here, then we can see how these came out.

While printing up labels, I decided that I really didn't like the ones that were made for Nuka Cola Quartz. So I decided to design my own. I'm pretty happy with it, I was trying to give it the more simple look of the standard bottles. Even though they're not actually accurate to the game having the same label as the regular Nuka's, I still want to do a couple Nuka Quartz and Victorys with a different label, for fun.

What do you guys think?

Screenshot (165).png

Once I figure out how to set up the whole deviantart thing, I'll upload it.

......... I may have some made for my nephew's birthday.............

Well, the caps have arrived! I'm very pleased with them, and I'd have to say go for it. They did a nice job, and the caps look beautiful. Shipping is fast too.

Here are the four that I ordered. This was sort of a test run, to see how they would turn out. The one on the far left is the one BottleMark lists on their website. It is basically an upload of the little paper template you glue on the tops of caps. They list these on a white cap. The biggest problem with them is they are the scan of ONE of the many cap labels the author posted, so the dirt spots are identical on each cap, where as the original author dirtied them up individually so they wouldn't look alike. The middle two are obvious, but note the logo isn't 100% dead on like the cap on the far left. Also, the middle two's blue and red did not match the cap color exactly. I'll be doing another batch of the middle ones with the totally accurate logo, and get the colors to match as well. Still, I'm quite happy with them.

caps.jpg

These, however, I'm over the top about. You just aren't painting this logo on, or at least I can't. I'm beyond happy with how they turned out, and don't see any need to re do them, they're perfect as they are! Got to say, this was the one that got me looking at Bottle Mark in the first place. No regrets, that's for sure.

sunset cap.jpg

I now have a grand total of 150 caps! Now I need to get a bottle capper to put some on my Nuka/Sarsaparilla bottles, thus completing them.

Cool! Thanks for letting me know. I was just going to go with a clean look then I figured I could test a couple by throwing them in a bag with some change and shaking it around to weather them. As far as scrapes anyway.

Well, I got my improved batch of caps. :) I'm happy how they turned out, they look much better than the test batch. With these, the white lettering is printed straight onto the colored cap. I'll use some to cap my Nuka bottles, and the rest I'll weather up a good bit.

Once again, top notch service from BottleMark. They do a good job and they ship fast. I decided to get crazy with it, and had some "collector's caps" done up with some vault boy icons. I am very, very happy with them. They printed nice and clean, they look fantastic. I think I'll make some more like this for sure, to add to my collection.

Edit 8/30/17: Photos for this post were lost due to image host provider failure. Sorry!

Last edited:
I know this is more a costume than a prop, but figured I'd post it here instead of making a whole new thread in the costuming forum. My RobCo jumpsuit! :)

Robco suit done.jpg

I used the RobCo logo on the Fallout wiki, then set up my Silhouette Cameo to cut it out on blue tape sheet made for 3d printer beds. Then I had a perfect template, and air brushed on some permanent textile paint. I'm pretty stoked with how it came out. Now I need to weather it up a bit.

Finishing up the Ballistic Fist this weekend, every time I think it's ready I end up finding another spot to fix. I'm probably obsessing, but what the hell, I want it to look nice. So it's worth the patience. I hope to have good pics for you guys in the next day or two. Stay tuned.

Just about done with the main body to Ballistic Fist. Just a few touch ups and I'll start making a mold for it. I've also got some G.I. wool gloves coming, I received some already but the size was wrong (too big), so I exchanged them for the right size. They should arrive in a couple days.

ballistic fist 1.jpgballistic fist 2.jpgballistic fist 3.jpg

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Almost forgot to post this..........

So, awhile back, I sold a couple 3d printed kits to @FrostGiant . He's making a fan film, and needed some kits for some of his props.

This is how his Ripper kit turned out! All finishing work done by him, and he added the chainsaw chain as well. Fantastic job he did!!!
ripper 1.JPGripper 2.PNG

Yeah saw that earlier, the bomb sounds could be very entertaining.

For fifty bucks, I'll bite.

My best friend had lent me the original games, he bought a disc that had them all (White Label, I think?). After seeing how much fun I had playing F1, he wanted it back. Couldn't deny a man his passage to the wasteland, so, I need to get my own copies anyways.

The mini nuke is just a plus. :thumbsup

Well, it's official. I run barter town. :devil

I'd have to say I'm good on caps. ;) Always good to have plenty for when the bombs drop. Anyways, check out the full set of my "Collector's Edition Caps".

Had some more Sunset caps made, too. The newer ones are more accurate, simply because the icons on the previous ones were a little too big. I like them all, just wanted to get ones that were a little more screen accurate.

Anyhow, I promise. That's the last of the caps. ;)

Edit 8/30/17: Photos for this post were lost due to image host provider failure. Sorry!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back