WIP: Tomb Raider Triangle of Light

Gordon Gekko

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know this project has kicked on and off for quite awhile around here, and I wanted to show off the progress made recently. This was created using artwork Ramiel came up with. (the guy must never sleep :thumbsup)

The front of the triangle is all Ramiel, while the sides incorporate some of his designs combined with what I was able to pick up from screen caps off the DVD. All constructed of laser-engraved plex.

The triangle is 9.25" tall from the base to tip and ~10.6" along the sides. I sized it by comparing screencaps of Angelina's face with a lifecast I have of her.

triangle01db8.jpg

triangle02yr7.jpg

triangle03go3.jpg

triangle04my0.jpg

I am now in the process of doing some "hand" work on the knots and such.

Plus I will put up some construction photos a bit later, for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

Let us know what you think.

I like your version of the "sides"... They are better than the ones I've done :D
And personally I would love to see the pics of the "making of" ;)
Great job.

beautiful work guys, but please slow down on the props already, you guys are putting out way too much cool stuff in too short a time for me to being able to cough up the cash for them :D

Glad you all like it. It's really easy, just have Ramiel do the lions share of the work. :D He probably has more time into inputing the design, than I do actually building it.

Here are the build pics.

Here are the sides in the 3 stages of lasering. It seemed from screencaps that the sides might have a slight concave shape to them. The piece on the left just has the concave lasered into it, the middle is the concave sanded smooth and the right shows the concave with the design lasered into it.

const01yw8.jpg

One of my favorite way to assemble things is to use a thin steel sheet and super strong magnets to hold things in place. Here are the sides going on.

const02cq0.jpg

Once the sides were in place, there was a gap in the notch at the apex. I filled this with aves and used a dowel to shape it into the gap.

const03gp0.jpg

Clamping the second face onto the sides while the glue cures.

const04ks0.jpg

And the whole thing ready for some putty work and primer.

const05sm0.jpg

Once I have completed the finish work, my plan it to cold cast these in nickel. Hopefully they will look pretty sharp. :love

Ramiel, fantastic artwork right there.

John, I love the 'making of' shots you have there, looks good.

-Bryan

this is o great i would love to get one of these

would it not be cool to do a few in maybe a clear tainted resin
and then add a light or somthing to it giving it a sort of cool glow effect

just my thoughts going wild on this

jay

Really great work. :D

I can't wait to see the finished article.

Ahem, how much did you say it would cost in metal?

Just idle curiosity, of course... :love

Dalroi

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dalroi @ Apr 1 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1453050[/snapback]</div>
Ahem, how much did you say it would cost in metal?

Just idle curiosity, of course... :love

Dalroi
[/b]
Yeah, sure... :p :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back