Megacon 2015 - Orlando

Per experience, is it better to buy your tickets in advance, or just walk up day of? I've heard stories about the will call line being hours long and the ticket window line being non-existent. I've also experienced this first hand.

Getting you tickets the day of may not be best, unless you want to be standing for a few hours to get the tickets (or getting there very very VERY early to be the first in line). Getting the advanced tickets is better, because they'd be waiting for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Okay, new update. Here are the T-shirts I'll be wearing:

Friday - A tie-dyed T-shirt (But since I won't be at the convention center, if you happen to be at Acme Superstore with my Dad, filling in some of the runs that are incomplete in my collection, as well as finding parts and figures to complete some pieces in my collection. Also, there's the chance that we'll be staying at a hotel near the convention center, there's always a chance you'll see me)
Saturday - A Punisher T-shirt (Instead of my Death Shroom T-shirt, I'll be sporting a new Punisher T-shirt).
Sunday - My Midnight Riders T-shirt (similar to this one)

Getting you tickets the day of may not be best, unless you want to be standing for a few hours to get the tickets (or getting there very very VERY early to be the first in line). Getting the advanced tickets is better, because they'd be waiting for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My experience has been the opposite. The first time I went I bought my tickets in advance and the line to pick them up was slow. The second year I waited too long to buy them online so I had to buy them there and the line moved faster and seemed to be shorter. But I think the question is moot anyway.

My experience has been the opposite. The first time I went I bought my tickets in advance and the line to pick them up was slow. The second year I waited too long to buy them online so I had to buy them there and the line moved faster and seemed to be shorter. But I think the question is moot anyway.

Don't know what to say. Got our advanced tickets online, went up to the booth, showed the QR code for the tickets and got the wristbands for today and tomorrow within three minutes of waiting in line while being at the convention seven minutes after 10 am. I guess it depends on the day.

Also had a good day. Haven't had any members come up to say hey to me. Tomorrow, I'll be sporting my Midnight Riders t-shirt. I plan on getting some comic guest autographs and taking a few more pictures. :)

One of the many things I liked today: at the costume contest the MC announced that for the second year they were Heroes of Cosplay free and later when I was in the vendor area I saw Yaya Han selling cat ears and autographs.

Last edited:
Here is the 3 of us from today
URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/krayzielilsmoki/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0332.JPG_zpsxxeg5y9w.jpeg.html]
DSC_0332.JPG_zpsxxeg5y9w.jpeg
[/URL]

And here is a Dropbox link to the pics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/49439lnv4bffwi8/AABDyFp0UlGfUWDVacI2LHFka?dl=0

I am tired, but had a great weekend at Megacon. It was tons of fun. Cary Elwes is such a wonderful man, loved meeting him!

Had a good weekend at MegaCon. Recommended some cosplayers to visit the forums (some of them had some pretty excellent costumes that I couldn't help but take pictures of, which why I suggested them visiting the forums). My Dad accidentally tormented a poor R2 unit on displayed at the R2 Builders Club on Saturday. He leaned in to get a look at the mechanisms and the poor thing screamed. I jokingly told him, "Quit tormenting that poor R2 unit unit!" Got some pictures of people in costume, got to buy some action figures on the cheap, as well as a few comics to fill out my collection. Got a vintage Kenner Boba Fett, as well as a ESB Vader carrying case both $10 each, a vintage Knight Rider pencil case and some figures missing pieces for potential customs and accessories that my figures were missing (such as the Auto-9 for one of my Kenner RoboCop figures). Got autographs for a couple of my comics.

Got to go to Acme Superstore, where I bought more action figures from their customizer sell. I wasn't allowed in their storage room to dig for parts I was looking for like I had been in the past due to them organizing things and them realizing some of the figures they had they could borrow parts from to complete another. But, I'm glad to have left with a lot of stuff that I was interested in. Got to fill in bits and pieces in my comic collection, though still far from completing some of the runs in my collection. Overall, it was a good weekend. :)

BTW, came across. Booth with replica license plates from various film vehicles. I was surprised by one. Hope you can figure it out by the number and stated: 0A-5599' Colorado plates (1970s).

And, whenever I passed by Arsenal Models, I kept repeating to myself, "I will not buy from the enemy. I will not buy from the enemy."

Last edited:
And, whenever I passed by Arsenal Models, I kept repeating to myself, "I will not buy from the enemy. I will not buy from the enemy."
When I passed by I looked in and wondered if how many were recast from here.

I didn't buy much. I picked up one of those small "Portal 2" mystery boxes thinking my chances were between a companion cube or a personality sphere but it turned out to be a turret with a bent leg. I also bought a Normandy from Mass Effect that somehow got broken in side a styrofoam box, but it will be an easy fix. And a Korgi mug.

One of the things I always feel is a rip off are the sword dealers. Maybe for costumes a $40 sword is OK but I worry about the people who buy them for display. Or zombies.

This is the first con that I've actually cosplayed (Dragoncon twice and Megacon last year) and it was very cool. My daughter and I were Deckard and Pris from Bladerunner and we got a pretty good reception. Lots of people asked for pics and a vendor gave us each an ID card because he liked our costumes! Hoping to improve the costumes and (hopefully) finish a Ripley/colonial marine costume pair for Dragoncon later this year!IMG_0777.JPG

I went and had a great time! I stayed at the Hyatt. Hyatt and MegaCon even retweeted me. I was surprised. I put a lot of pics up on Facebook.com/OrlandoCosplay and on my personal Facebook. I will try my best to get some uploaded here this week (If it's allowed). Feel free to take any pics I upload though.

BTW, here's my Facebook folder for my MegaCon photos. Hope that everyone can see them: https://www.facebook.com/dstrick201...84020177368.1073741828.100000373364395&type=3
Finally looked at your pictures. I had an issue with the Colonial pilot. He was sitting in front of me at the costume contest and instead of clapping for various costumes he would hold up that riding crop/stick thing. I almost yelled at him a couple times, "Stop doing that, I'm trying to take pictures and they can't see it anyway!"

Finally looked at your pictures. I had an issue with the Colonial pilot. He was sitting in front of me at the costume contest and instead of clapping for various costumes he would hold up that riding crop/stick thing. I almost yelled at him a couple times, "Stop doing that, I'm trying to take pictures and they can't see it anyway!"

He's actually suppose to be Admiral Caine from the original Battlestar Galactica. Sorry you had such an issue with him.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back