Leia ANH blaster (airsoft + 3d printed greeblies)

guabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK So a friend of mine is doing a Leia ANH cosplay and she wanted me to make her the blaster that leia uses on the Tantive, its also seen on Luke's final ceremony at th eend of ANH.
efbaae829816fac4c5a8fe8b8b2d73b0f9527d46.jpg

Star-Wars-Episode-7-Carrie-Fisher.jpg

I was looking for a Margolin .22 MTs Target Pistol equivalent in a toy sashion or an airsoft but I could not find it. So I opted to use a P38 like this one:
[im]http://dogtagairsoft.com/bmz_cache/7/7ab25b812280987481c096a6aa7fa64e.image.550x365.jpg[/img]

I designed some greeblies and printed them over at shapeways and here is the result.

leiablasteranh0001.jpg

leiablasteranh0002.jpg

leiablasteranh0003.jpg

leiablasteranh0004.jpg

leiablasteranh0005.jpg

I will eventually make another one for me but does anyone know where I could find a decent Margolin pistol toy replica?

Thanks.

thanks, It turned out nice for what i had available... but id like to make something more accurate later on.

I think that it wouldn't be too difficult to mill the Margolin body out of aluminium. The knurled and ribbed detail pieces would be the difficult parts to get right.
I have been toying with the idea of scratch-building one of aluminium sheet glued together.

Thanks I am about to recieve a 3d printer this week and have started designing the Margolin, however if Lars ever makes an aluminum one Im all in.

Thanks,

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back