Doopy Doos E-11 blaster kit.

I agree there, the doopys kits are fantastic value for money and can be made to look near screen accurate with a little work.
Very nice :)

I've been trooping with a Hasbro blaster and doopy doos kit for about 5 years. I have it all glued together with E600 and nothing has ever come off. Just wash the heck out of the parts before you paint them.

The molds are getting older (unless he's redone them) but it is a decent kit. If you want it to look even more detailed there is a bit of work involved with sanding, scribing, carving and filling, but you will get a very satisfiying replica. You may want to invest in some set screws and small bolts also since the ones on his replica are very soft in detail.

TazMan2000

Here's my blaster under construction with replacement screws (M6 25mm x 6mm hex head) but pretty much cut the thread right off installing only the head.

P1070098a.jpg

It is a great kit especially value for money, you can get one in a week or it can take 4 weeks, depending on stock and production turn around. A few days ago they had 6 in stock. Even if you simply glue it together without any mods, it's still a good looking kit. Here'a a few photos with only a few screw mods and some simple rub and buff weathering.

TK 5156..... I'm a newbie to resin. Q: just hot water and dish soap? or is there another "something" I need to add to the water to remove all the chems?

Wow ANFA that looks great for being a platstic kit! how did you do the numbers on the counter or is that a real counter?

TK 5156..... I'm a newbie to resin. Q: just hot water and dish soap? or is there another "something" I need to add to the water to remove all the chems?

....yep, dish soap :lol

Sorry, simply had to ;)
Just clean all parts with warm water, soap and a (f.e. tooth-)brush to get all possible mold release off the parts, which might affect the painting process.
Rinse with clear water and let dry, then give all part a very gentle sanding with a very fine sanding sponge (nothing that scores the resin, only minor surface treatment)

Check Matty Matt/ Country Pauls or one of the many other Doopy builds found here...
Have fun!

Markus

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back