SWTOR Imperial Shocktrooper Build

Flagwaver

To start off with, I have never really been accused of sanity. On the contrary, I’ve often been told that I bite off more than I can chew. Well, chomp chomp.

Color_zps6e8e7d10.png

The Sith Imperial Shocktrooper from Star Wars The Old Republic. I'll be keeping it as perfect to the model above as I can. This includes the denim undersuit, the armor colors, lights, and some of the smaller texture details.

Clay_zpsbc8bc876.png

I'm planning to build this armor using a variety of methods. The primary method is pepakura. Besides this, I'll also be using various found items, sewing some, and purchasing some (boots, gloves, etc.)

Wire_zps75e24c36.png

Rather than boring you with a myriad of details, I plan to show each individual piece as it is built, hardened, detailed, painted, wired, and finished. That should keep my normal Wall-of-Text™ from happening.

Rifle_zps4baff491.png

I'll also be building the Imperial Rifle to go along with this build!

First thing’s first. The bucket.

1Helmet_zps03331e15.png

The pepakura is highly detailed (as in down to 1mm on some faces), but there are some details that aren’t present on it.

1HelmetColor_zps1d179c40.png

The wires and resistors on the face are some of the details that I will be adding after the pepakura build is complete. In addition, the two vocoders will have Clone Trooper style speakers put in them for communication.

1HelmetClay_zpsb90b2a0b.png

Two of the details I’ll have to add are the lip on the middle of the back and the panel on the bottom of the rear. The ridge detail will actually be a foam mat, since I already have one with the appropriate look.

1HelmetWire_zps7b4f67f6.png

The eye piece is really small, but I am planning a work-around. The ‘frown’ will also be backed with visor material behind the vertical bars for added visibility (and so I don’t accidentally run over many kids).

Will be watching very closely! Are the pep files your own creation and any chance you might make them available?

Will be watching very closely! Are the pep files your own creation and any chance you might make them available?

They are in the 405th File Archive. They were made by Rundown. Though, there are a couple that are missing. I'm in negotiations to have them made since I can't get hold of rundown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting project. Good luck on it!

I've always wondered how the hell the troopers see out of those helmets. The visor is extremely small... How do they see through it? :p

Okay, time to reexamine my sizing technique. I wasn't really paying attention to the pictures I posted above and kinda messed up a little. I measured chin-to-crown like I would for a Mandalorian or Halo helmet. Too bad the chin actually comes down to the base of the neck in the front. Oops... Now to reprint and start the helmet from scratch.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back