Amazon's The Expanse

Re: SyFy's The Expanse

Man I don't know how I missed this! I just watched season 1 and 2 in a couple of days LOL. The only thing that concerns me is how they'll treat the hybrid in season 3. There's a part of me that wants them to keep it a ruthless killer so everyone can come together and fight it. The other half knows that the hybrid will be some misunderstood creature that really just wants to be left alone. I guess we'll see in a couple of months.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through book 4. At about the 1/3rd point, I was reading one of the POV characters and I was thinking "God, this guy is familiar... why is he familiar?!" and then it clicked... he's Miller's partner from way back in book 1!

One of the things I love about these books is how they revisit/callback to things and people from the very beginning.

Is anyone else reading them?! I've been pestering my editor and my husband to start them because I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to talk to people about them!

Just got caught up tonight on watching season 2. As far as I'm concerned this show just gets better and better.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through book 4. At about the 1/3rd point, I was reading one of the POV characters and I was thinking "God, this guy is familiar... why is he familiar?!" and then it clicked... he's Miller's partner from way back in book 1!

One of the things I love about these books is how they revisit/callback to things and people from the very beginning.

Is anyone else reading them?! I've been pestering my editor and my husband to start them because I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to talk to people about them!

If you want call backs wait till Book Five Nemisis Games. And they really do something that hugely surprised me. Got Book six on order for summer reading!

Anyone know when S2 is coming to Netflix?

If you want call backs wait till Book Five Nemisis Games. And they really do something that hugely surprised me. Got Book six on order for summer reading!

Anyone know when S2 is coming to Netflix?

I don't think that S1 is even on Netflix yet, I watched S1 on Amazon. S2 is also on Amazon but not for free, which really disappointed me.

I don't think that S1 is even on Netflix yet, I watched S1 on Amazon. S2 is also on Amazon but not for free, which really disappointed me.

Yeah, season 1 is on in the UK ,much to my delight it appeared just before Xmas and that was after months of agonizing waiting after reading your reviews here. But it was worth it. Superb show.

I bought season 2 on Amazon. I didn't mind the price. I'm sure it will be out for free somewhere soon.

I have to say I was gobsmacked when I saw an Avasarala (in the green dress) at Orlando Megacon yesterday. We did talk briefly, but I neglected to get a picture. Didn't see any other Expanse costumes.

I've started and restarted the show a couple times, and now I'm finally "getting it". I had a hard time initially with keeping track of the cast and the visual style (adjusting my TV helped) but now I'm really enjoying myself while watching. I'm on episode 3 now so I'm looking forward to watching the rest. Great world building and production design

Why are their no "droids" or Cyborgs in the expanse? Yes, we have seen advanced replacement limbs but that's about it.

Certainly ships like the Rosi have been shown to have some AI.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Why are their no "droids" or Cyborgs in the expanse? Yes, we have seen advanced replacement limbs but that's about it.

Certainly ships like the Rosi have been shown to have some AI.

The Rosi doesn't have a true AI and there are no indications that humans have created any. They never really go into why there aren't robots or AIs, but my guess is that it just wasn't a priority once the Epstein drive opened up new avenues of exploration.

The Rosi doesn't have a true AI and there are no indications that humans have created any. They never really go into why there aren't robots or AIs, but my guess is that it just wasn't a priority once the Epstein drive opened up new avenues of exploration.
IIRC the TV show had Mars pilot guy talking to the Rosi, just wasn't talking back. Was more than just voice recog software.

That said, that's just the show and not the books. I'm about 3/4 way thru the first book and haven't seen anything about robots or AI yet. You'd think that would be part of any Sci-Fi.

IIRC the TV show had Mars pilot guy talking to the Rosi, just wasn't talking back. Was more than just voice recog software.

That said, that's just the show and not the books. I'm about 3/4 way thru the first book and haven't seen anything about robots or AI yet. You'd think that would be part of any Sci-Fi.

I've read the first 5 novels and 4 of the five novellas/short stories that are in the same universe. So far, no droids and no AI.

My MCRN uniform:

V4bFpAc.jpg

The Expanse

Just watching the Expanse on Netflix - Was that Adam Savage I've just seen (S2E13)?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back