One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

Hi, was wondering if any of you seasoned builders could tell me if there are any pics considered to be the "best" reference pictures (front, back, top, bottom), to be able to get the proportions as good as possible for tos ship. or if is just a matter of putting a model together from different places and making it "your own"?
there is soo many pictures out there i got a bit confused .
thanks for any input. :)

Last edited:
Hi, was wondering if any of you seasoned builders could tell me if there are any pics considered to be the "best" reference pictures (front, back, top, bottom), to be able to get the proportions as good as possible for tos ship. or if is just a matter of putting a model together from different places and making it "your own"?
there is soo many pictures out there i got a bit confused .
thanks for any input. :)

You could do worse than the Alan Sinclair blueprints. They're not 100% accurate, but the overall proportions are fine. It's possible that Gary Kerr will eventually publish his blueprints (which are as close to 100% accurate as we'll ever see, and still under refinement), but there's no telling how long we'll be waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could do worse than the Alan Sinclair blueprints. They're not 100% accurate, but the overall proportions are fine. It's possible that Gary Kerr will eventually publish his blueprints (which are as close to 100% accurate as we'll ever see, and still under refinement), but there's no telling how long we'll be waiting.
That 3d model in the previous post is 100% from Sinclair. I'm 90% sure it's mine or based on mine. The deflector dish coupling and dorsal are different, but the wireframe has an unlikely number of similarities.

The biggest error of the Sinclair plans is (I think) the warp pylon cross section which is too square. I followed that and so did this person.

Sinclair and that sketchfab model are damn close. Look at photos of the actual model for 100% accuracy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
That 3d model in the previous post is 100% from Sinclair. I'm 90% sure it's mine or based on mine. The deflector dish coupling and dorsal are different, but the wireframe has an unlikely number of similarities.

The biggest error of the Sinclair plans is (I think) the warp pylon cross section which is too square. I followed that and so did this person.

Sinclair and that sketchfab model are damn close. Look at photos of the actual model for 100% accuracy.

Interesting...

The 1/1000 Polar Lights kits are also very well-proportioned.

The 3D model is based on the Sinclair plans; pretty sure the artist built it himself along with others at the link for CAD for his woodworking projects.

Last edited:
The 3D model is based on the Sinclair plans; pretty sure the artist built it himself along with others at the link for CAD for his woodworking projects.
Good to know. It's a really nice job and cool to see it real time. (And I should not post when I'm tired.)

Last edited:
Went to the Air and Space Museum last week and got some more reference photos for you guys.
IMG_7302.JPG
IMG_7301.JPG
IMG_7303.JPG
IMG_7304.JPG
IMG_7305.JPG
IMG_7306.JPG
IMG_7307.JPG
IMG_7308.JPG
IMG_7309.JPG
IMG_7310.JPG
IMG_7312.JPG
IMG_7311.JPG
IMG_7313.JPG
IMG_7316.JPG
IMG_7315.JPG
IMG_7314.JPG
IMG_7317.JPG
IMG_7318.JPG
IMG_7319.JPG
IMG_7320.JPG
IMG_7322.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7325.JPG
    IMG_7325.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 608
  • IMG_7324.JPG
    IMG_7324.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 610
  • IMG_7323.JPG
    IMG_7323.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 690
Interesting, as damned if I can make that hole out in this screenshot from "Obsession" that otherwise shows a great deal of detail, no matter how much I try to brighten it or change the contrast.

http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/2x13/Obsession_260.JPG

It did not appear to be there after the Miarecki restoration, however the following image taken at the time of his resto. does show a hole:

http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpre...03/kg_star-trek_tos_1701_studio_model-076.jpg

If it was indeed a hanging point from some early part of the model's life, I guess whether it was really still visible at the time of the last FX work would require photographic evidence most of us don't have access to.

Last edited:
Yeah, curious what they reasoning was. Right when you think you've known every detail possible by now, something new still comes up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back