One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

The picture with the Enterprise controller is AMAZING!!! We have all seen this behind the scenes shot from the other side, It would be great to see more pictures like this. Yes I know we probably won't but I can dream can't I??

Kinda just hit me, this year will probably be the last of the secrets of the Enterprise to be had. Things have always trickled out over the years and lots of debates. It's pretty much going to be buttoned down soon. I will miss the mystery.

I'm not sure what I think about that. I'm probably happy that they're adding the detail to the starboard pylon. But there are a TON of TOS shots that could not have been done with a power cable on the starboard side.

Where was the power cable for the port side? Did both cables run up the pylons away from the pylon? Now they'll both be on the outboard side?

The power cable was attached to the pylons on both "away from camera" sides. In this shot from "The Doomsday Machine" you can clearly see the power cable running up the inside of the pylon

I believe they are going fully internal as there was already work done for internal wiring previously. Someone correct me if wrong.

You are correct. They are removing the aluminum channel but running the wire in the void cut-out during the 90's restoration.

I can't remember what Ariel O'connor said to me about that, but Margaret Weitecamp said in her talk that the port side would remain as it was on the show. Whether that means outboard wiring on that side I'm not sure. The picture side is definitely going back to August '67, though.

I'm now very curious: If that Tribbles shot was the last time the model was modified then there are a bunch of shots that must have been taken before Tribbles but not used in shows until after Tribbles. Because (if I'm following correctly) now shots from the front of the ship would have been possible with the wiring in front of the pylon.

Of course it also occurs to me, looking over season one shots, that that wiring must have been moved around on semi regular basis depending on what angle they were shooting from.

Indeed, in photos of the arrival of the Enterprise at the NASM; you can clearly see tape residue on the miniature on those areas where the wiring was taped.

I wonder what the reasoning was to squish the saucer so skinny in it's middle area circumference? I mean you could fit only one deck there right?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back