One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

Ok. I've got a different camera so I should be able to do something with it. As of now, 9:37am, I'm going to be taking requests again. Cut off time will be around 11:20 am since that will be 10 minutes post light up.

Current Requests:
- Anything from the bottom of the Hull
- The Plaques
Impulse deck area!

Tried my best to take these shots with the camera I had on me at the time. I'm sorry if the quality is too low to be useful. I even asked one guy to shine his phone light through the glass on one of the photos. I also took pictures of both nacelles just incase. Hope some of these help.
Thank you very much. This one is exactly what I was looking for.

View attachment 646907

---------------

Impulse deck area!
Here's what I was able to grab.

IMG_0766_zpseuqr2hw2.jpg

IMG_0768_zpslgcscu8b.jpg

IMG_0763_zps7zq7iwri.jpg

IMG_0767_zpsnig1pomx.jpg

The bottom of the engineering section /secondary hull if it can be done, I don't think we have seen good pics of all the fancy paintwork there yet of all the geometric shapes. And the plaques, I would like
to read what they wrote about her. Thanks so much.

I think I was able to get some decent shots with this one. Sorry for the flash on the window.

IMG_0755_zps9bodehbt.jpg

IMG_0756_zpsolkxddth.jpg

IMG_0760_zpsoii0upm3.jpg

And the display plaques.

IMG_1060_zps8ldv4oxs.jpg

IMG_1061_zpswlccjgib.jpg

IMG_1063_zpsbvygfwqo.jpg

IMG_1064_zps79l8tsic.jpg

IMG_1067_zps2l2hznjz.jpg

IMG_1068_zpsayspsvtn.jpg

IMG_1069_zpsi4l0zijt.jpg

IMG_1070_zpskqztcvwh.jpg

IMG_1071_zpstrll5moo.jpg

Thanks so much! I remember what a revelation all those markings on the bottom were to me as a kid when I first
saw them in the old poster magazine Smithsonian pictures in the seventies. I think that was the start of me realizing this miniature
had far more to offer than what was seen on TV or the AMT model.

That is awesome!!!

I love the shot in "Enterprise Library Shots" starting at about 3:00 mins that shows the entire sequence of that turning shot that we saw parts of in so many episodes. Interesting to see the entire thing and what a cool view of the Enterprise from behind. I love it!

Agreed^

That compilation from Bill George is amazing. I had no idea some of those shots were so long, especially the saucer shot in which it turns CCW away from the camera and goes off into the distance. I'd LOVE to see that stuff in some remastered state. Pipe dreams, I know.

Agreed^

That compilation from Bill George is amazing. I had no idea some of those shots were so long, especially the saucer shot in which it turns CCW away from the camera and goes off into the distance. I'd LOVE to see that stuff in some remastered state. Pipe dreams, I know.

I assume they move the camera around and away from the model, and perhaps some kind of zoom too.

It looks like the model actually rotated and then they tracked away from it with the camera. I am basing this on the way the lighting moves on the model as it turns. You can actually see the shadow of the saucer move across the secondary hull about 2/3rds of the way through the sequence.

Last edited:
Wow! Where did that library footage come from?

HUZZAH! I made the guess years ago that the shot at :57 in that video was what was used when the Enterprise is surrounded by Romulans in The Enterprise Incident. But since the beginning of that shot isn't actually seen anywhere else it was just a guess.

Now I just need some kind of proof that the shot that zooms in on the lower sensor from That Which Survives and Let That Be Your Last Battlefield was actually filmed in season two (or one). It is now definitely the only shot that is unique to season three!

I remember when I realized that the long shot beginning at 3:20 was as long as it was and chopped up and used in various episodes. But I'd never seen it all together like that. I don't think most of that shot was ever seen. From 4:16 to 4:30 almost certainly wasn't. And it was often played running backwards. (I think it MOSTLY played running backwards.)

Thanks for the post!

Amazing archival material and two wonderful videos! I LOVE the mock up they built of the dorsal/secondary hull.

It looks like the model actually rotated and then they tracked away from it with the camera. I am basing this on the way the lighting moves on the model as it turns. You can actually see the shadow of the saucer move across the secondary hull about 2/3rds of the way through the sequence.

Yup. They turned it on a Mitchell geared head. Mid-century motion control. And by control, I mean "Yeah, that's good right there, Butch."

TOS VFX wide pilot test.pngScreenshot 2014-10-28 17.16.23.pngScreenshot 2014-10-28 17.20.24.pngScreenshot 2014-10-28 17.26.07.pngE & BB Space Seed fx shoot.jpgScreenshot 2014-10-28 17.12.58.png

Space may be the final frontier
But it's made in a Hollywood basement
Cobain can you hear the spheres
Singing songs off station to station
And Alderaan's not far away
It's Californication

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked Margaret Weitekamp at Comic-Con about paint codes and sample (yes I geeked all over her) and she said, "They were hoping to have something to release at the beging of Aug." So I'm now officially holding my breath...

I asked Margaret Weitekamp at Comic-Con about paint codes and sample (yes I geeked all over her) and she said, "They were hoping to have something to release at the beging of Aug." So I'm now officially holding my breath...
Well, I hope you had the courtesy to clean it off afterwards. And take a Pepto next time. Sheesh. :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back