CONstruct May 29-31st 2015 in NYC

booksandcorsets

Sr Member
Hi guys! I've been helping to put together a materials and workshop-driven convention in NYC for a few months now and thought I'd mention it here. The goal was to create a convention that is not just talking about what you can do—it’s all about being able to get your hands dirty and learning. Classes will be on a wide range of topics—from mold making, casting, and silicone to stone carving and power tool use.

We are going to have three different event tracks: a panel track (these are the events you’ll see at most conventions), a demo track (we’re going to break out the materials themselves and demonstrate their use on site), and a hands-on workshop track (a small materials charge per class will allow attendees to walk away with something they can keep at the end of the class/day, whether it’s a mold or prosthetic).

You may recognize some of the guests: Jordu Schell (Avatar, Hellboy, Men in Black, Galaxy Quest), Robert Kurtzman (Tusk, From Dusk Til Dawn, Spawn, Army of Darkness), Gary J. Tunnicliffe (Gone Girl, Killing Season, genre franchises Hellraiser, Halloween, and Wishmaster), Josh Turi (SNL, Orange is the New Black), and theRPF regular Bill Doran/Punished Props.

I'm super excited for the event and I hope to see a lot of you there!! It's held onsite at The Compleat Sculptor, which those of us who are local to NYC know very well.

http://www.construct-fx.com for more information or just ask me here abouts :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back