Da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer

Jellyhugo

Hey guys,

Apologize for being quite for a little while. Starting to ramp up some new cosplays for the year. Was really wanting to get a 3d printer to start making some pieces. Definitely entry level here. I was taking a look at the Da Vinci 3-D Printer 1.0 model from XYXPrinting. http://us.xyzprinting.com/us_en/Product/da-Vinci-1.0 Best Buy sells this model for $499.99. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xyz-pri...gray/9667196.p?id=1219450380283&skuId=9667196. Most of the reviews out there seem to give it either a 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 5. Can't seem to find anywhere if it can read open source software. I highly doubt it. What are your thoughts?

Also I have a second question. Has any found a good printer to print out on 110lb card stock printer. We got a new canon MG7520 put the paper seems to be too think. Was wonder if laser printer would be better for that to start making some pep cosplays. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

stofdaddy

Last edited:
Hey, I have a davinci printer. It is pretty good for the price you pay. As far as open source software goes, are you talking about slicer? Because I know that you can use that software on the davinci but it takes some fine tuning, I haven't done it yet.

Hey, I have a davinci printer. It is pretty good for the price you pay. As far as open source software goes, are you talking about slicer? Because I know that you can use that software on the davinci but it takes some fine tuning, I haven't done it yet.

Thanks for hitting me up. I am not sure. Still super new at this. What kind of items are you making with it? Any armor pieces?

Not armor pieces as such. These are probably the most prop based things i have printed so far.
IMAG0422.jpgIMAG0423.jpgIMAG0424.jpgIMAG0429.jpg

They are all free files from thingiverse apart from the Dredd badge which I made myself in Autodesk Inventor.

Other than these I really just print useless **** that fills my house.

If you want a printer to print on card stock, yes a laser printer is the way to go. I use a Brother laser I got at office depot for about $50. It's just a straight black and white laser printer with USB hook up on it, but the toner is pretty cheap, (about $20 to $30) to replace them and you get about a thousand prints or more out of the toner.

Not armor pieces as such. These are probably the most prop based things i have printed so far.
View attachment 426189View attachment 426190View attachment 426191View attachment 426192

They are all free files from thingiverse apart from the Dredd badge which I made myself in Autodesk Inventor.

Other than these I really just print useless **** that fills my house.

Wow. Those look really good. Thanks for sharing. Looks like it is definitely worth the price.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want a printer to print on card stock, yes a laser printer is the way to go. I use a Brother laser I got at office depot for about $50. It's just a straight black and white laser printer with USB hook up on it, but the toner is pretty cheap, (about $20 to $30) to replace them and you get about a thousand prints or more out of the toner.

Much appreciated. I will look into this. This really helps me out a lot.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back