Advice sought, anyone in contact with REL aka Richard Long

I wish you guys good luck. All Rich was going to do for me was send back a junk model of mine that he has. I offered to pay shipping more than once. And couldnt even do that.
This is a repetitive cycle. Get mad. Make a post. He says it will happen. Never happens. Year later start a new post.

I've always had good dealings with REL. Then again my last deal with him was a few years back... likely before is real life issues. He seems like a good person and likely intends to come through... you know what they say about good intentions. I sincerely hopes he gets back on track he's an incredible talent.

Jedi Dade

I bought one of his 1/650 Enterprise-D models years ago and was promised an armature and decals...crickets

I bought one of his concept a wings, the canopy was bad, I was promised over and over for over a year a replacement, one lame excuse after another, I resolved to making my own which was much better.
I really wanted a couple of his other kits, but after THAT experience no way was I giving him any more money......

Hey folks,

may I suggest that you look at the Steve Neisen thread as a template for a way to solve this situation? The gist is that one of you guys needs to take the reign and compile a list of who is owed what since when. With that list you should contact REL and see if you can get a reaction out of him. If not, you should see into getting him banned. I took the liberty to notify the staff of this thread, so they can keep an eye on it from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also do a list. But even though Paypal has expired you could try your credit card agency if you paid by one and talk to them
dont know if it works where you are but small claims court works over here and some debt collectors work on %
Seems like some people only move when the law/ agencies look like they will become involved

Hey folks,

may I suggest that you look at the Steve Neisen thread as a template for a way to solve this situation? The gist is that one of you guys needs to take the reign and compile a list of who is owed what since when. With that list you should contact @REL and see if you can get a reaction out of him. If not, you should see into getting him banned. I took the liberty to notify the staff of this thread, so they can keep an eye on it from time to time.

thanks guys. It's always nice to hear others chime in with support. :)

Thanks DaddyfromNaboo.

That's the best plan to problem solve and keep this on track and positive. Let's try to problem solve and not go off on rants. Keep it to facts.

Please just keep this amongst people who need resolutions in dealings with Richard.

First, before any lists, is anyone here also going by the screen name 777 over on Resin Illuminati? I ask because that person is the only one over there in another thread, about the same subject, having similar issues.

The list…

tnaig001:

Scar Raider kit
Base Star kit
plus $750

Scott Graham:

Snowspeeder kit - RECEIVED
plus $1325

Drew aka 777 (over on Resin Illuminati):

$2000

IEDBOUNTYHUNTER:

needs model he sent to be returned

Hector Rosales:

MR unpainted MF prototype

Scott aka Vaderman1701 (over on Resin Illuminati)

Just reported Rich is currently paying him back and it will be settled in a couple of months. This info helps a lot to know!

Last edited:
He still owes the MR unpainted Falcon prototype to Hector Rosales. It's supposed to come to me to paint/finish up. I don't think Hector is a member here?

Also, Docmani - a Defiant I think?

I updated the list to include another person over on RI chimed in on that thread to say he is being paid back and it will be complete in a couple of months. That was positive news!

Waiting for shipment of the snowspeeder kit...

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed he checked in a couple of days. It would be great for everyone if he can take ownership of the thread. Richard?

ln my dealings with REL have been totally professional. Its good to see him taking care of his issues. It can be terribly difficult to "undo" damage to reputation - AND deals that have been paid or... sometimes the cash is not there anymore... So glad his making good.

Jedi Dade

Well, don't give up hope IEDBountyhunter, just received an email offering to return my kits and issue a refund, so I think Richard is trying to set things right.

email him and see?

best James.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back