C2E2 2015 - Chicago April 24-26

I just found out that I'm going to Chicago! .... this coming weekend for Easter. :) I wish I was going during C2E2! But hey, it's still a free four-day trip to Chicago to go to Legoland and a bunch of museums and stuff and my mother is paying for it all just as a way to bribe me to help with the driving.

Can't wait to see all the pictures! My friends might be going again this year so look for the Geeks With Scissors booth and say hi to them!

Talked with some friends over the weekend and they just got a second room and offered me some space. That turns my "hopefully" into a "definitely". This will probably be the largest convention I've been to (work trade-shows don't count!) and will be the first time I get to try out my completely-overhauled / not half-hearted MSG3 outft. First time I'll get to wear the STABO harness I had made by TheRonin and the Tiger Stripe is on the way. Need to make the switch box, but I can do that on the 3D printer at work this week.

Okay, so we're a week away from the convention. Just bumping to see who's going as what. So we can get pics of each other and stuff. I'll be going as Haseo in his second form from the .hack//G.U. video game/anime. Hope to see some of you there!

DSC_0124.JPG

Chris, that is kickass! I am looking forward to sitting in at the contest and marveling at people's costumes.

Chris, that is kickass! I am looking forward to sitting in at the contest and marveling at people's costumes.

Much appreciated! Should be fun, don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning it if the costumes in the contest compare to last year but should still be fun regardless.

Much appreciated! Should be fun, don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning it if the costumes in the contest compare to last year but should still be fun regardless.

I hear ya. That's why I didn't enter. I will wear my costume all day with the utmost pride, I very much like what I've built. But after seeing the Big Daddy from last year, I know where I stand, haha!

I hear ya. That's why I didn't enter. I will wear my costume all day with the utmost pride, I very much like what I've built. But after seeing the Big Daddy from last year, I know where I stand, haha!

Thats one of the reasons I was so surprised that my entry was accepted. Gonna be a great time. Have a lot of stuff going on that day in regards to the contest. Prejudging, then like an interview show with the contestants and then the actual contest.

This will be my 1st con as well as my 1st time doing a specific cosplay. I have red hood WIP that should be done by friday. My wife and I will be coming for friday and saturday. really looking forward to it!

Hey sports fans, just realized today is my 10 yr anniversary with the RPF. Round of drinks on me Friday night.
Anybody know where people are mtg?

20130427_125309-1.jpg

I don't think a meeting place has been set up! Alas though, I won't be able to meet up on Friday night. I will be leaving the convention about 4:30 for a previous engagement. But Saturday and Sunday I'm game for whatever.

First day was a great success. Recap video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c529JcTtO_8

You can see me with a couple friends (who were 1960s Batgirl and Robin) dancing like fools about 0:11. Also got to meet RandomAdam in person, which was awesome.

If you see me (I'll be Red Hood again today) just shout "Vox" and come and introduce yourself! I'd love to meet more RPF members in the flesh!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great time, very impressive event. Although for Wizard World ComicCon it is gonna be sleeveless Daryl, it was so freakin hot with the jacket and vest. Will have to figure out how to cover a lot of ink.
I don't know how you guys do it with all the foam and stuff.

Edited 5.jpg

I hear ya, TwicePipes. I had a blast, but with a T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, and leather jacket worn around all day, I was WARM. I drank a ton of water and kept eating in small amounts, that seemed to help things, but I hear ya regarding the temperature. I bet they had the heat on given what temperature it was outside. I wonder if it would have been different if it had been unseasonably warm outside and they had run the air conditioning.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back