A L I E N FIVE Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie

Ok, did he get it out of his system? Can we move on now and make room for someone with fresh ideas and maybe a respectable movie after 30 years?

Scott said in an interview recently that he basically had taken control and was not going to let anyone else interfere or work on the franchise again. So as long as he's alive and working, it looks like it will not get better. We have to hope that Covenant fails financially and that FOX still holds enough of the rights to stop him from ruining it even more.

26025745_10214769031560211_5281415878220614627_o.jpg

25660031_10214769031120200_4024499818213903874_n.jpg

damn. really disappointing this will never see the light of day, was absolutely excited for it. really love the flight suit design!

I'm with Mr Webber on that "manipulating NB":rolleyes Yeah, sure...show us all of that artwork and so what? It's not going to be made!!:behave Not in the cards: it's SRS toy you want to play with and he's not sharing:D

The sad thing is J that it I think it will be made now.

Since the mouse has got his dirty little three fingered hands on the rights and they have proven time and time again to be more focused on what they can bleed out of a concept in terms of toys over content, its a done deal. Why else would NB releasing more artwork from his failed first attempt now?

A plot? A story line?. Once you get over the fact that the ENTIRE movie is based around dead people then those little issues hardly even matter.

...it's SRS toy you want to play with and he's not sharing:D

Well, SRS ain't getting any younger (and could keel over any time), NB is still young, Sigourney Weaver still has a few action-chop years left, The Mouse just paid a fortune for stuff they want to make money on, so who knows what will happen.

Well, SRS ain't getting any younger (and could keel over any time), NB is still young,

Scott has a new movie opening here next week, one in which he was forced to replace the lead actor months after the production finished in a staggeringly short time and small budget.

NB is making short films for You Tube.

Your comments are uninformed, shallow, ageist and down right disrespectful.

Scott has a new movie opening here next week, one in which he was forced to replaced the lead actor months after the production finished in a staggeringly short time and small budget.

NB is making short films for You Tube.

Your comments are uninformed, shallow, ageist and down right disrespectful.

With respect to your opinion, I don't see what him having a new film opening now or replacing Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer (no, I didn't have to Google that) has anything to do with how long he can keep making films? He is currently 80 years old. At some point within the next few years, he will be too old to make films because either his mind or his body will go- that's nature and has nothing to do with ageism. You also didn't seem to have noticed that I stated Sigourney Weaver, at 68, could still make action movies. Ageism would be saying that someone still vital and sharp-minded shouldn't make films only because of their age, which I didn't do.

If you want to talk about being respectful- listen to the commentary on, for example, Prometheus (or several interviews with SRS) and it's pretty clear that he himself is rather disrespectful, even disdainful, of his audience. As a comparison, listen to the commentary that his late brother Tony Scott did for True Romance. Not to mention that the plug was conveniently pulled on Alien 5 just as people were hyping it a lot more than SRS's (then) upcoming Alien movie, which did more harm than good to his legacy. I'm just glad that he didn't direct BR2049 or it would have been a train wreck. I actually do respect him for only acting as producer on that one.

NB is making short films putting them on places like Youtube, Steam and so on, certainly. He's experimenting and trying new venues, because the media landscape has been changing rapidly and drastically. SRS was 40+ when he made Alien and had until then limited success in films (he was a commercial director), even with The Duelists. NB is now 38, and has helmed three major films (of admittedly varying quality) but is still younger than SRS was when he became successful. Maybe NB will not amount to more, or maybe he will evolve into one of the greats.

James Cameron is wiping the slate clean and ignoring all Terminator films after T2. The Alien series deserves the same treatment.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back