MPC Millenium Falcon build...

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
Hey guys! Thought I share my humble build (or version ) of the MF. I have been building models since the 80's. I liked military models and even made a few dioramas. So, here is my version of the MF!

Trough the process I had the "hunk of junk" line in my mind and started the painting and weathering. I pictured a dirty, but still menacing space ship, lets say a few years after ROTJ....

IMG_1967-Edit by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_1971-Edit by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_1983-Edit by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_1977-Edit by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_1995-Edit by nenekinkin, on Flickr

20141231_145435 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

20141231_145402 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

I completely scratch built and modified the whole cabin since the original piece was really crap.

I have been browsing here and....boy! there is a lot of talent here (feel a bit like Im out of place here LOL!).

Thanks for looking!

Looks good, if a bit heavily weathered. are you using aftermarket sidewalls?

Thanks. The weatering job was somewhat intentional. I may tone it down a bit later but still not sure. No I worked a bit on the original ones from MPC. Added things and made them a bit less taller.

Last edited:
Im debating to add any figures to the cabin or not. At this scale would any micro machine figures fit and look good there? Any help or opinion welcome!

Looks great. Just goes to show how nice this model actually is. Just adding better detailed cockpit and a excellent paint job to the out of the box model gives a great display piece

Im debating to add any figures to the cabin or not. At this scale would any micro machine figures fit and look good there? Any help or opinion welcome!

It depends. The Micromachine figures (generally the ones that do not have joints) are a little smaller than 1/72 (probably more like 1/76?) The Action Fleet versions (generally the ones with leg joints) are a little larger and as big as 1/65

In the cutaway version of the MPC falcon, even the 1/72 ones can't get through the doors (the interior is a much smaller scale than the exterior and cabin cone)

The MPC Falcon is very close in size to the Fine Molds 1/72 and the non-action fleet micromachine figures are a tiny bit smaller than the FM 1/72 figures, while the action fleet ones are little larger, so I think the action fleet micromachine ones are probably a better fit, although the regular micromachines might not look too bad.

I'll see if I can put together some comparison shots over the next few days for you I your interested

Installed one of the mandible sides....quite difficult! I needed epoxy to reinforce the weak way it fits. Is looking slowly to something like the MF.

IMG_4929 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_4925 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

Added some damage to the cockpit side. I felt it needed that (a close call with some Stormtroopers before taking off??) Maybe Im just crazy...LOL!

IMG_4933 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

I will do the top part with all its sides and then start working on the back and the lights....still a lot to do!

Finally got to the docking rings. Man....! I remember berszu and his awesome MF from cardboard and said to myself...why not? Got a cool pattern from a link given by Jaitea (thanks again man!) and went to work. When done cutting and gluing will seal the whole piece specially the panels with an acrylic matte clear coat. then paint and weathering and then another clear coat.

Almost finished first docking ring...

20150131_135810 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

20150131_135828 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

What you think guys?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back