metal batman mask build!!!

GoldPointProps

hello my friend wanted me to make him a batman mask so I decided to make him one for Christmas.
I started work on it tonight. I'm using 18 gauge sheet steel. here are some pictures of the mask so far. it doesn't look like much yet. I got the forehead and brow shaped
mask 1.jpg

mask 2.JPG

mask 3.JPG

mask 4.JPG

Is it just going to be a mask, like just to cover the front of the face, or a full helmet? Either way, looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This can either come out one of two ways. Hopefully the better way than the worst way. Good luck to you. Can't wait to see the final results.

finally got some time to work on the batman mask. I got most of the mask formed and and tack welded together. next I going to make and attach the ears. then the metal work of the mask will be done.
because im batman (4).JPG

because im batman (3).JPG

because im batman (5).JPG

because im batman (6).JPG

because im batman (1).jpg

because im batman (2).jpg

because im batman (7).JPG

because im batman (8).JPG

because im batman (9).JPG

Last edited:
hello again today I got the ears formed. I temporarily attached them to see what the mask looks like with them on. tomorrow I'm going to trim and fit the ears to the mask. Once I finish up all the metal work im going to go back and add some battle damage to the mask.

batman 1 (1).JPG

batman 1 (2).JPG

batman 1 (3).JPG

batman 1 (4).JPG

batman 1 (5).JPG

Oh you underestimate me good sir. I do know what powder coating is. Should look cool when it's done. Can't wait to see the final product.

I added the Battle damage to mask and also powder coated it .next I'm going to add padding and straps to the mask. once I finish that ill post more pictures.

bman 1.jpg

bman 2.jpg

bman 3.jpg

bman 4.jpg

bman 5.jpg

bman 6.jpg

bman 7.jpg

bman 8.jpg

So does this plan on being a complete head cowl or just half face like the kids masks at you stores

- - - Updated - - -

By the way the powder coating is top notch

Looks like a mix out of a ancient war helmet and a batman cowl. Would be cool if it would cover the whole head not just the face. Great work! Perhaps do it as a complete helmet with segments of the 300 spartan helmet in the lower face and neck area.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back