Hasbro Hero Series 30" X Wing with Open Wings

Not much of an update, but I have silicone molded and resin cast the other 3 internal engines. Will add photos soon

Last edited:
Rogue Trooper, i just picked up one of these today and one of the millennium falcons. I hope to get on them soon. I will be watching this thread. Looks good so far.

ooooh did you change your mind :) lol

No;)....just want an easier way to build the other internal engines

Rogue Trooper, i just picked up one of these today and one of the millennium falcons. I hope to get on them soon. I will be watching this thread. Looks good so far.

They are a great size, I thought about doing the MF as well, but there's already too much work on my table.

I have one of these large xwings waiting in the wings(sorry) I am currently building the hero MF
I have updated by thread with lighting tests, and I am so happy with what I found I think I will super detail the interior of the xwing with fully lit interior.
if I ever get the falcon finished :)

http://www.therpf.com/f11/hasbro-millennium-falcon-weathering-filters-pastels-231344/index2.html
Have a read and see if it works for you , €8 euro in B&Q , (giant xwing might need 2 )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 184
Not much news on the building front. Finished the core of the lower wings, so they all have their final shape. The model has the top wings with the top part, but no core or lower and the lower wings have nothing except the engine case, so you have to build an entire set of wings top and bottom for the lower set. Sounds confusing, but if you have one of these, you'll know what I mean.

I built an internal engine (in the grey section in the photo) and then cast the other three, so next is to place the three engines in the cases and then build something to fill the holes of the rear booster rockets. I probably pour resin in the holes and the sand and detail to create a full circular rear engine.

If my calulations are correct, you should be able to get away with a brick pattern 5 to 6 times the size. HO= 1/87 and this X-Wing is roughly 1/16. So 1/16 brick scale should work. But Plastruct doesn't have it in 1/16...1/12 is the closest.

TazMan2000

If my calulations are correct, you should be able to get away with a brick pattern 5 to 6 times the size. HO= 1/87 and this X-Wing is roughly 1/16. So 1/16 brick scale should work. But Plastruct doesn't have it in 1/16...1/12 is the closest.

TazMan2000

HO (1/87) brick was used on a 1/24 X-Wing. 1/16 is 1/3 larger so you need brick 1/3 larger than 1/87 which would be 1/58. 1/64 S scale is closest.

Last edited:
Sorry ladies, this thread is for building the Big Hasbro Toy into something that looks cool and most probably not very accurate.

Maybe start your own thread for the purist talk of salzo and micron ratio differences.:lol......if super accuracy is the goal then this hasbro toy 'aint it.;)

Still it has a lot of potential.......

Last edited:
RogueTrooper, this looks fantastic. I keep checking and waiting for a price drop on this thing at Wal-Mart. As of yesterday, they were still scanning at $39.96 and, unlike the Falcon, are still on display and not in the clearance section. I wonder if some who might have bought one of the Falcon for a child might have balked due to its sheer size — I know I have had second and third thoughts about getting one for my boys for that reason. Maybe the X-wing doesn't look quite as intimidating. Anyway, if the X-wing gets to about half the current price, I could get away with buying two and cannibalizing one for the lower engines.

Qapla'

SSB

RogueTrooper, this looks fantastic. I keep checking and waiting for a price drop on this thing at Wal-Mart. As of yesterday, they were still scanning at $39.96 and, unlike the Falcon, are still on display and not in the clearance section. I wonder if some who might have bought one of the Falcon for a child might have balked due to its sheer size — I know I have had second and third thoughts about getting one for my boys for that reason. Maybe the X-wing doesn't look quite as intimidating. Anyway, if the X-wing gets to about half the current price, I could get away with buying two and cannibalizing one for the lower engines.
Qapla' SSB
I'd have supposed that the much larger box of the Millennium Falcon would be more "intimidating", if that were a factor. But then, size doesn't *always* matter... ;^P

Rogue, thanks again for sharing your project; it seems to be inspiring folks...

Regards, Robert

RogueTrooper, this looks fantastic.. Anyway, if the X-wing gets to about half the current price, I could get away with buying two and cannibalizing one for the lower engines.SSB

Thx;) I paid $80 for one :facepalmso if you can get two for $80 I s'pose there's value there. You'd have 4 complete top wing panels, but still have to build all the internal wings and all internal engines. $40 is a lot of money for two wing top panels though. If you buy one complete Hasbro X Wing, you do get all 4 main engines.

Rogue, thanks again for sharing your project; it seems to be inspiring folks...

No problemo;) There's quiet a lot of work in the internal and real engines and considering they're not that visible in open wing config, if you want to have the wings open they have to be done, even if they're not that super accurate, I think they look good enough.

The Big Hasbro falcon is $100 where I live, I thought about getting one, but the X Wing is the focus. They are both okay bases to build from and mod, I really don't see the playability for a child, there's little interactive value, still they are cool.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back