Bandai release schedule

If we're talking prequels then 1/72 gunship is where it's at.

But essentially the next bandai kit is definitely going to be the one I'm not interested in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Getting fictional refrences wrong?

Inconceivable!

They've got access to reference direct from Lucasfilm that we might not even have. So yeah it's odd they can't get it right. The scale might be right, but they got something wrong because the pilot scale is obviously wrong. So even if they had multiple A-Wing scales (which I have never seen) they should have scaled it to a 1/72 pilot because a 6 foot tall human is easy to scale. We've seen A-Wing garage kits that were dead on, so I'm not sure how an officially licensed version could be off.

Totally happy to be getting a couple PT vehicles -- even if the Jedi starfighter is way smaller than I'd like. It's a start. They should do that one in 1/48 to do it justice, and 1/72 would be nice so it could sit beside the other fighters in the line-up. I have a Fine Molds Jango Slave I that I'm very happy with, but I passed on lighting it when I built it so the Bandai version will give me another bite at the apple.

I bet we'll still see a B-Wing this year before the Last Jedi kits start coming out at Christmas. August or September.

I'm excited about the Jedi star fighter, but do we know if it's the II or III version?
I'm also really hoping we see gunships, in either 72 or 144. How about both?

I'm excited about the Jedi star fighter, but do we know if it's the II or III version?
I'm also really hoping we see gunships, in either 72 or 144. How about both?

The jedi Starfighter is the EP.II version. I have the FM 1/72 version & if the Bandai one is going to be approx. 1/144 (to go with Jango's Slave 1), it's going to be very titchy. Not a complaint as I'll almost certainly get one or 2, just an observation.

Looks like there are two A-Wings, one without the red panel and currently sporting a damaged fin (blaster scored a hit), both have oversized weird puppets. Look like RC pilots. There's also a "stunt" in the archives I think I remember seeing. Or an off-casting....

Preview from about a year ago regarding Bandai's possible vehicle model kits:
iCeYv8O.jpg

I have no idea. Licensing is probably so muddy, especially dealing with Disney, Bandai may just having simply taken things to extremes to avoid issues and stick with only pilots sitting in seats?

I have no idea. Licensing is probably so muddy, especially dealing with Disney, Bandai may just having simply taken things to extremes to avoid issues and stick with only pilots sitting in seats?
This I think. Japanese culture can be pretty rigid and they will go out of their way to avoid any relationship issue with licensing.

Is it REALLY a licensing issue ? Do me it is just some art decition, why they changed from the full sculptered, standing figures to the "flat guys". Like when there are technical drawings with just a siloutte figure for size comparsion, thats how it looks to me.
If there would be a license issue, they wouldn't do any figure at all, not even seated ones.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back