http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/products/ep07_force/mc/mc03.html

BB8 and R2:
04.jpg
http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/products/ep07_force/ch/ch02.html

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 139
Man, Bandai's model maker really "phoned it in" with the TIE build. It looks like bare plastic and not a complete proper build. No wonder it looks like crap to me. The Ion engines are now on the top and bottom around the aft hatch, they just didn't paint them.

Chris

Last edited:
Man, Bandai's model maker really "phoned it in" with the TIE build. It looks like bare plastic and not a complete proper build. No wonder it looks like crap to me. The Ion engines are now on the top and bottom around the aft hatch, they just didn't paint them.

Chris
Frankly, the entire design of the new tie is pretty phoned in

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Bandai is all about TFA right now and that makes all the sense in the world. But surely they are going to round out the OT Empire Figure models with a Snowtrooper, right? Surely.

Hopefully with a mounted cannon.

I'm expecting 1/72 A-wings, B-wings and HOPEfully a Tie-bomber around the Anthology Movie. But for them to just skip out on the Snowtrooper now is just plain wrong.

starwarscom_eweb_bg.jpg
They HAVE to.

I know I am a bit late to the Bandia Party...

I was wanting to order some 1/12 scale figures a while back and had payment issues on their site from reason. Then the Stormtrooper was listed on back order and shipping from Japan was going to cost almost as much as the models and I basically lost interest.

Today at SupaNova, I picked these guys up.

attachment.php

So even with the Aussie dollar being low, and after doing a quick calculation, I pretty much paid what I would have had to pay on line without the wait.

Attachments

• 20151129_212936-1.jpg
    20151129_212936-1.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 1,401
I am warming to these. I wonder how long before we get the chrome trooper in this set.

There are prototype pictures of the Captain Phasma Kit out there...the latest looks like it is chrome plated. I believe it is slated for early next year.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
I have finished R2-D2 and most of R5-D4. These kits go together quite well. The small blue parts on top of R2's head kept falling off, so I glued those in place. He looks better than the black series R2-D2 (just better proportioned as was mentioned by "The Fwoosh" in his video and reason I have bought these model kits) and even sits better when the middle leg is extended. The Black Series R2 seems to lean too far back and the centre leg does not seem to sit level in 3 leg mode. This one will replace the Black Series R2 in my collection of 6" or 1/12 scale figures. I have no intention of having all the bits open or poke out, so am leaving him closed up in a static display.

Apart from the loose top parts, the kit is good and took me about 2 hours to get 1 and 3/4 droids done. The instructions are quite well set out. I am not a modeler by any means and I would suggest this is not for kids.

The only thing I was kind of expecting was wheels under the feet like the Black Series has. Given the details and little bits that are used in some parts, I would have thought wheels would be a no brainer.

He cost me $45AUD which is awesome given the low Aussie dollar.

After I finish R5, I might tackle C-3PO.

And they are done :)

I am not a modeler, so if I have missed something, or not done something the way it should be done, you will have to excuse me. Yes, the red light is missing off R2.

The reason I bought these Bandia model kits is because IMO, they represent a more accurate version of the figures I wanted to collect. The scale is better and because each part is a separate bit, no paint required and therefore no paint on parts that should not have any. My goal was to collect the original 12 in the best possible versions I could get. I thought Hasbro's Black Series would be hands down the way to go, and whilst the Black Series do have some great stuff, they missed the ball on more than a few occasions. AFAIK, at this time, they don't even have a C-3PO and their R2 is too small.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

C-3PO is stunning. He just looks like he should and is the probably the best version of him I have ever owned. The 1/12 scale is perfect for this figure as it is large enough to see all the details and still small enough to be displayed in a collection of figures. This model is gold chromed and I will need to carefully get all my finger prints off him. He was about the same level of complexity as R2. He has some really fine bits that I have to wonder, why did they even both making separate parts? The details could have been captured without a separate part and frustration of lining a small L shape key into a keyhole. I have elected to go with the articulated arms, though I wish the pistons had been chrome to match. The static arms (optional) have the same details, just all chrome.

R2-D2 is very cool. From an action figure perspective, he is way better engineered than the Black Series R2 and just looks like Star Wars. As mentioned, the only thing he doesn't have a small wheels. he has a stack of accessories but I won't use any. I will just keep him as a high detail toy. I found more of those blue parts off the done had fallen off and lucky they were in the box. I have glued those now.

R5-D4 is basically the same as R2. He has some fine details that took a few goes to get right on the head which went together a bit easier than R2. The only thing I don't like about him is the red stickers you have to apply to selected panels.

Darth Vader will be next.

Attachments

• 20151203_104901.jpg
    20151203_104901.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 20151203_113354.jpg
    20151203_113354.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 20151203_113530.jpg
    20151203_113530.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 20151203_113935.jpg
    20151203_113935.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,050
  • 20151203_114302.jpg
    20151203_114302.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,054
And they fit right in with my other 1:12 scale figures :)

attachment.php

Next up is Darth Vader from the Bandai series.

Attachments

• 20151203_215703.jpg
    20151203_215703.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 970
Sorry if this has been posted already. This a Bandai action figure or Luke from ANH and because that is what I am mainly collecting, pretty excited about this.

attachment.php

After this, give me a Leia is white gown and old Ben and I am one happy camper.

Attachments

• Bandai Luke.jpg
    Bandai Luke.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 907

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back