Bandai release schedule

It'll probably end up being a set of 1/350 X-Wings and Tie Fighters or some other set of kits for Ants to cosplay with. I'm getting fed up of Bandai Vapor Ware Announcements. inc..

199a95ee81080064f7a54d024f6e0cf5_2017-fantasy-baseball-week-2-six-pack-patience-fantasy-six-pac.jpeg

It's been said before many times, but it still bears repeating - Bandai have been putting out amazing kits at an *incredibly* fast pace. We just send ourselves round and round in circles at every opportunity to do so :).

It's the constant "Big Announcement Coming Soon!! Honest!! For REAL this time!!" that gets old real fast... I'd rather just have people actually report on actual announcements than keep constantly promising MORE...

The Kits they've been producing are awesome, though I could not care less about Pinhead size Y wings or Tie fighters for the Honey I shrunk the Kids sequel. Maybe I'd be better off not reading threads like this and just be pleasantly surprised when actual announcements are made..

Cheers

Isn't it people outside of Bandai making the statements that people are interpreting into upcoming announcements by Bandai? That is not a good reason to be upset with Bandai. All they are doing is producing great kits at an unprecedented rate and announcing new ones when they are ready to announce them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm not upset with Bandai, I'm fed up of the ever present "Big Announcements" and rampant speculation...

The Survey didn't help either, only makes matters worse as far as speculation goes...

I'm not upset with Bandai, I'm fed up of the ever present "Big Announcements" and rampant speculation...

The Survey didn't help either, only makes matters worse as far as speculation goes...
Any products Bandai works on based on the survey will be a while down the road. I don't know how long it takes to make a model kit from the planning stage to delivery, but I assume it is a year or more.

Bandai doesn't have much of a history of revealing new SW models at conventions, so it's silly to have all the speculation before each convention and a big letdown after the convention because they didn't make an announcement.

Is there any other company that has made this many great SW models? I'm not aware of any. Bandai did it in a pretty short period of time as well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

And the best news is that he's 1/48th scale -- just like the Bandai A-Wing! :p

Great plan -- we'll build a dormer onto the canopy bubble so that hyperthyroid dustmop can pilot the ship with his kneecaps! :p

My only gripes with their offerings thus far (apart from wanting more ships in 1:72 and more vehicles in 1:48, and none of the other junk ;) ) is something I don't expect them to address, as it would require significant retooling... I'm iffy on the separate colored panels for the Rebel fighters. I know why they do it, but I'm planning on painting to suit -- I don't need them to make that a short cut for me. But my main one is with the Imperial Fighters. The top "hatch" is a blowaway panel for the ejection seat. The interior set shows no hinge or handle. The main entry-exit port is the rear hatch -- which on the Bandai kits is molded as part of the rear hull! Even the old MPC TIE Interceptor snap kit got that one right! *sigh* To avoid massive gaps that one would have to address, it basically means getting two kits for each one that someone wants to do with an opening rear hatch. Plus scratch-building a hinge. The other matter is with the interior -- there are supposed to be those two weird clusters of tubes that stick down from the ceiling. I can do math and scratch-build them, but I'd rather I didn't have to for every TIE ship I'm gonna build. And since I plan to have a Sienar Fleet Systems museum display, that's going to be "many". I'm hoping we get the Bomber (and thus also Shuttle and Boarding Craft), the Inquisitor's TIE from Rebels, and the TIE Defender, but the prospect of having to correct all those interiors makes me tired. :facepalm

--Jonah

Great plan -- we'll build a dormer onto the canopy bubble so that hyperthyroid dustmop can pilot the ship with his kneecaps! :p

My only gripes with their offerings thus far (apart from wanting more ships in 1:72 and more vehicles in 1:48, and none of the other junk ;) ) is something I don't expect them to address, as it would require significant retooling... I'm iffy on the separate colored panels for the Rebel fighters. I know why they do it, but I'm planning on painting to suit -- I don't need them to make that a short cut for me. But my main one is with the Imperial Fighters. The top "hatch" is a blowaway panel for the ejection seat. The interior set shows no hinge or handle. The main entry-exit port is the rear hatch -- which on the Bandai kits is molded as part of the rear hull! Even the old MPC TIE Interceptor snap kit got that one right! *sigh* To avoid massive gaps that one would have to address, it basically means getting two kits for each one that someone wants to do with an opening rear hatch. Plus scratch-building a hinge. The other matter is with the interior -- there are supposed to be those two weird clusters of tubes that stick down from the ceiling. I can do math and scratch-build them, but I'd rather I didn't have to for every TIE ship I'm gonna build. And since I plan to have a Sienar Fleet Systems museum display, that's going to be "many". I'm hoping we get the Bomber (and thus also Shuttle and Boarding Craft), the Inquisitor's TIE from Rebels, and the TIE Defender, but the prospect of having to correct all those interiors makes me tired. :facepalm

--Jonah
Your museum plan sounds cool, but your making more work for your self then need be. The only person that will even know those details you plan to add to the interior and what not will be you, NO ONE else will notice them nor care who sees them. I started to detail the interior on my first Bandai TIE and I got it done for a test fit I realized you can't even see what was done anyway, so why bother? Not to knock your efforts, but it will be wasted effort and the only who will notice it or care will be you who see's it. 99.5% of the people who see the display won't care.
Lynn

I thought the survey was great, in that it at least appears to show Bandai are interested in what their customers want. Genuinely not knocking you, but I would have never thought to turn that into a negative.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back