Bandai release schedule

How about an easy mold-milking of the 3po kit into 4-LOM?!

I'm amassing some 1/12 droids lately: Need to build my astronechs, K2-SO (black series), K-9, a Dalek (true, not a robot). I need to get a battle droid & another set of astros. I'd looove to see a probe droid kit, and a Vincent too!

Just my list
No offence but his 1/144 scale for small ships is killing me ................ 148, 1/35, 1/24 or 1/12 me please
1/48 figures to go in and beside ships for dioramas
1/48 Imperial Cargo shuttle
1/48 Krennic's shuttle
1/48 Droid carrier with droids unloading
1/48 Slave 1
1/48 Republic gunship
1/48 Ghost ship (yes it will be big)
1/48 B-wing
1/48 Imperial shuttle trydirium
1/48 Tie bomber
1/48 U-Wing
1/12 Probe droid
1/12 Tauntaun with Rebel rider
1/12 Snow speeder
1/12 AT-RT with driver
1/12 Droid tank with droid and binoculars
1/12 Darth Maul on his bike
1/12 Dewback with Sandtrooper rider adjusted so legs will fit properly on Dewback without any funny gaps..... yes I am picky
1/12 Bob and Vincent :)

I would like some new ships enough SD and Falcons already
happy to get more SD and Falcons once these are done ��

Bob and Vincent? One of these things is not like the other....
:lol

TazMan2000

Sorry I was looking through the round window :)
But wouldn't be out of place too much
You can add a 1/48 ARC-170 fighter as well to my list

Droideka Model would be a pretty cool model kit I think. And Bandai could pull it off, because their Battle droid was a neat build.

08c7ff910c03af6f9608a1eba582ee8c.jpg

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I hope it's the large scale Star Destroyer that they had on display at a convention. I've got the Anigrand kit but would definitely pick up a larger Bandai version, without a doubt.

Looking at some of the Bandai Gundam kits (huge & complex), an AT-AT in 1/48 scale would not be out of their comfort zone at all... in fact, it would provide a chance for them to showcase some of that incredible molding tech (as in one piece, working legs) exhibited in their Gundam lines (did you see how they molded - on the sprue - working, jointed fingers?)

R/ Robert

I don't understand this "hate" for palm models, I quite like them in fact :lol.

They are perfect for diorama, they are a nice add-on to bigger ship in 1/144 like the anigrand rebel transport and the best of all they are ridiculously cheap.

True... I bought the resistance X-Wing to go with my 1/144 falcon. Just wish it had decals and a landing gear option.

I don't understand this "hate" for palm models, I quite like them in fact :lol.

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but my problem with micro models is I'm old; I need stronger bifocals every year, and, thanks to a lifetime of fried foods, I have fat fingers that sweat bacon grease. And I'm old. If I said that twice, it's because I'm old and can't remember crap anymore.

But I admit that when it comes to micro models, Bandai's are stellar.

And I'm old.

And I'm old.

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but my problem with micro models is I'm old; I need stronger bifocals every year, and, thanks to a lifetime of fried foods, I have fat fingers that sweat bacon grease. And I'm old. If I said that twice, it's because I'm old and can't remember crap anymore.

But I admit that when it comes to micro models, Bandai's are stellar.

And I'm old.

And I'm old.

Get off my lawn! Where am I?

I agree. I also appreciate larger models. It is hard for me to settle for something so small, when I grew up on the large AMT/MPC/Revell kits.

I also don't like that they are essentially making Bandai Box Scale(tm) kits. They are universal scales, but which scale you get depends on which one will fit in the standard issue Bandai box.

The only thing that really bugs me about the small ones (other than the fact that they should be concentrating on 1/72 or 1/48) is the painted black windows. If f-toys can give us clear glass, bandai should be able to as well.

And that they don't feel like models. I have yet to seen a mini-falcon that is painted well enough. Sure, they look good for what they are, but I think that for a good paintjob, 1/144 is about it.

There is occasionally a perverse joy in seeing how well I can paint and detail a tiny kit, but my priority as a sci-fi modeler has always been to replicate the filming miniature (or CG asset) as closely as possible. At the mini kit scales, it's less about getting detail accurate as it is about finding ways to fake it so it looks "right" from a distance.

I for one, have less space than I used to. I also like to align similar scales as well as I can. To that end I like that Bandai is starting to aim it's tiny starship collection models toward 1/144. I've got a bunch of HG gundams on my work desk here.The Falcon & Slave I are in 1/144. Maybe a properly sized AT-AT coming down the pipe. The F-toys B-wing & AT-TE, etc. Works for me, as long as they're pretty close.

Toying with the idea of scratch building a couple other ships at that size, if I can muster the talent.

I'll save 1/72 for hero items, like a classic X-wing, VF-1J & the Valley Gunship.

Big ships will go to 1/4000, i.e. Hasegawa's Macross & the new Revell SD. For droids and a few figures, I'm going into 1/12 as well.

Regarding the pricing, the items are currently between $26 to $35. Once the more expensive items like the 1/48 X-wing are available for the U.S., that will be updated.

Barnes and Noble will begin selling online later this month, and hitting stores a few weeks later. In store, it will be placed with Bandai's other model kits like the Gundam and Dragon Ball items or with other Star Wars items. Hobby Lobby will be carrying some of the items beginning in Feb, with hopefully a larger foot print later in the year.

March 1/144 item is related to Episode V.
That is excellent news, can't wait to see these on the shelves!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back