Bandai release schedule

Inconsistent source data......I hear ya! I just got my A-wing and it's listed as 72nd scale but WAY too big for that especially if you want to display it with the X-wing!

BUT you can hardly blame Bandai because blueprints and measurements say one thing but then when you look at the studio model the pilot's head fills the canopy making this closer to 30th scale! kinda like the snowspeeder, the studio model would not have fit pilots inside it with heads that big!
Remember, the needs to be room for chopper to hide behind the pilot chair!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nice. I'll definitely be doing that when I get round to building mine. Will be interesting to see how it looks next to Bandai's 1/48 X-Wing.
I used the extra snowspeeder pilot (with a lot of adjustment)

I realize the pilot isn't A-wing accurate but, oh well...

I used the extra snowspeeder pilot (with a lot of adjustment)

I realize the pilot isn't A-wing accurate but, oh well...

That looks much better. Maybe with small modifications the snowspeeder pilot could look a bit more accurate, although to be honest that looks great as it is, so I'll probably go down the same route. I have a photo somewhere (I'll try to find it when I get home) of Bandai's A-wing next to their 1/72 X-Wing & FM's 1/72 Jedi Starfighter, & it just looks so off scalewise in comparison to the other 2.

That looks much better. Maybe with small modifications the snowspeeder pilot could look a bit more accurate, although to be honest that looks great as it is, so I'll probably go down the same route. I have a photo somewhere (I'll try to find it when I get home) of Bandai's A-wing next to their 1/72 X-Wing & FM's 1/72 Jedi Starfighter, & it just looks so off scalewise in comparison to the other 2.
To be honest, I don't put as much work into pilots that other people do. Mostly because I really want my model to be more in line with the studio scale models rather than a miniature version of the fictionalized ship.

If you go down this road, you will definitely have to hack the pilot off below the knees. And sand down his butt. And you also can't fit the little side controls into the cockpit. You need to get the pilot down to this level.

Last edited:
Appreciate the advice. Good to know what I'll be getting myself into before starting, (with leg amputations and all), but the pilot does look spot on in there so definitely worth it to me.

you could also remove then lower the cockpit floor/seat.

That's my plan although not sure weather to light it up and in flight or rework the landing gear and pilotless being serviced on the ground.....

- - - Updated - - -

It boggles the mind how these companies can't see this stuff before they release the model!

with historic actual vehicles this type of thing is inexcusable BUT with fictional vehicles AND several mismatching sources (actual sets,filming miniatures AND drawings) I can see that you would have to make a choice/compromise at some point!

Look at the Falcon, the interior set could never fit inside the exterior!

It boggles the mind how these companies can't see this stuff before they release the model!

Anybody here ever hear about the F-15 Eagle kit about 5-ish years ago. Can't remember if it was supposed to be 72nd scale or 48th scale, but it was just like the A-wing. Comparison pics with other same-scale kits showed it was like and two inches too big or too small. I think it was half way between 72nd and a 48th scale. It was laughed about around the forums and disappeared. From a relatively well-known company like maybe Fujimi. Worst I've seen, but I could of understood. So little info about such an obscure subject. Fictional in nature. All the sources have dimentions that conflict with each other and by such wide margins.:facepalm

I might be wrong but I believe Bandai actually got the dimensions correct according to LFL's official numbers, so they didn't actually get anything wrong.

Yes indeed.....going by the info THEY got from official sources ....check SW.com

J

Star Wars.com databank says the craft is 9.6m,......works out at 13.33cm at 1/72...which is the kit size

J

Yes, that's what I meant in my initial post (#2632). I just always thought it looked more Jedi Starfighter size (a bit bigger) in the movies, so the kit looks bigger than what I was used to imagining. Especially when you see the photo with the bigger pilot in there.

Cool....Wesley Seeds constructing an A-Wing from the Making of ROTJ Book

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-23%20at%2015.38.36.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-23%20at%2015.38.53.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-23%20at%2015.39.07.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-23%20at%2015.39.21.png

J

The A-Wing MUST BE a larger ship, because you couldn't inflict that deadly damage to a superdestroyer if your fighter has the size of a nut shell... :lol

Very, very cool. Did they not use respirators at all when airbrushing in those days though?

edit: would love that Lucasfilm T he's wearing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back