Bandai release schedule

Yes they have. It has been noted at least in the 1/72 X-wing in the double X-wing box.

Thanks. Although I meant if I were to buy the 1/72 X-wing in it's original packaging or the 1/144 Falcon, would the figures have changed to flatties or have they only changed the releases from the A-Wing onwards?

The
kit comes with 4 seated figures and a BB8 but only a flatty for the standing figure!

you would have to purchase a Japan only release if you wanted standing figures.

Wow, that answers my question. Didn't think they would do that to already existing kits. Glad I stocked up on the original ones.

The
kit comes with 4 seated figures and a BB8 but only a flatty for the standing figure!

you would have to purchase a Japan only release if you wanted standing figures.

Not true. I ordered an A-wing direct from Japan for the purpose of getting a standing A-wing pilot about 2 months ago, and the kit (From JapanHobbyOne) has a flattie now for the standing pilot. The sitting pilot is awesome, but the standing figures are all flat scale silhouettes now.

Not true. I ordered an A-wing direct from Japan for the purpose of getting a standing A-wing pilot about 2 months ago, and the kit (From JapanHobbyOne) has a flattie now for the standing pilot. The sitting pilot is awesome, but the standing figures are all flat scale silhouettes now.
I think sithman means a kit that is only for Japan and not for the US. It wouldn't be practical to have different versions of the same kit for different parts of the world. When the SW kits were not being imported to the US they had the standing figures. Now that they are being imported to the US they don't.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Yes they have. It has been noted at least in the 1/72 X-wing in the double X-wing box.

Same applies to the TIE fighter.

I happened to buy one from Japan and one from the US.
Character is located on same sprue Except the US version is Flat.

Also, the Japanese X Wing comes with a full torso R2...the US X wing comes with only the upper half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm,

TFA Falcon buyed by hobby search before the ban of disney - all figures full figures
AT-AT and TFA-Falcon buyed last month from a Japan online shop - all standing figures are flat...

I'll be honest, I've never once used any of the standing figures that have come with my vehicle kits. I almost always display my finished kits in flight. My main concern with this issue is what it would mean if Bandai were to ever make a Republic gunship model. Would it come with some standing troopers and Jedi for the hold or would it just be empty?

Same applies to the TIE fighter.

I happened to buy one from Japan and one from the US.
Character is located on same sprue Except the US version is Flat.

Also, the Japanese X Wing comes with a full torso R2...the US X wing comes with only the upper half.

It is not a matter of US vs Japanese version. I ordered all my Bandai kits directly from Japan and the newest kit batches have flat figures there as well. It is just a matter of luck: if you get a set from early production batch you'll get full figure. If from later, you'll get a flat one. And newer kits never included full figures - not in Japan and not anywhere else.

Last edited:
The good thing is that 144 scale figures are SO small it really would'nt be hard to make them or modify existing figures!

for 72nd scale,...there's always shapeways!?

It is not a matter of US vs Japanese version. I ordered all my Bandai kits directly from Japan and the newest kit batches have flat figures there as well. It is just a matter of luck: if you get a set from early production batch you'll get full figure. If from later, you'll get a flat one. And newer kits never included full figures - not is Japan and not anywhere else.

It is a matter of US Vs Japan.

The reason the figures were changed was because of the deal to distribute in the US.

It is not a matter of US vs Japanese version. I ordered all my Bandai kits directly from Japan and the newest kit batches have flat figures there as well. It is just a matter of luck: if you get a set from early production batch you'll get full figure. If from later, you'll get a flat one. And newer kits never included full figures - not is Japan and not anywhere else.

^^^^ THIS. My first Y-wing kit that I ordered from Japan last year came with a full standing X-wing pilot figure, ANH X-wing and a ROTJ sitting pilot figure, an R2 figure and an R5 figure. The kit ordered two months ago from Japan only has a black flattie for the standing -X-wing pilot it used to have and only the ONE X-wing seated pilot. The ROTJ pilot is no longer included.

^^^^ THIS. My first Y-wing kit that I ordered from Japan last year came with a full standing X-wing pilot figure, ANH X-wing and a ROTJ sitting pilot figure, an R2 figure and an R5 figure.

This is how my Y-wing came last month from Hobby Japan.
My regular TIE fighter, Vader TIE fighter, and both FO TIE fighters came with full figures.
My A-wing, ANH X-wing, R1 X-wing, TIE interceptor, and TIE striker have flatties.
All ordered within the past two months of each other from two different places and two bought at Barnes and Noble.
Lynn

The reason the figures were changed was because of the deal to distribute in the US.
This may be true, but the fact remains that the change was "global" and the whole Bandai production was changed. It does not matter where in the world you buy the kit now , including Japan: if it is from a recent production batch, it will include flat figures.

OK, their molding ability is getting a little crazy! Check out the General's eyes:

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/858161388295929856/photo/1

G eyes Bandai.jpg

Bandai are really really COOL, can you imagine a Darth Maul head :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back